Adding the express tube package. Do I need middle trailer bunks?

1FastSkeeter

Reaction score
I ordered an express tube for our 24 slx a couple of weeks ago. My question is, do I need to have the middle row of bunks for it to set on while on the trailer? Is it a necessity? Is it just a good idea? We trailer our boat everywhere. If it's not on the water it's on the trailer. I don't know about the weight differences between the express tube and the normal middle tube for a tritoon, but I figure someone here will know. Thanks.

It's not a necessity, but it is a good idea.

Given the amount of trailering you do, I would say yes. I had to upgrade my trailer (I had a crank up) to a bunk trailer to accommodate my express install. I went with the center bunk! You should, too.

........ do I need to have the middle row of bunks for it to set on while on the trailer?
I would add the center bunk to support the center tube since boat is always trailered.  Many trailer manufacturers offer the middle bunk as an add option.  You may also need a different winch stand for the middle pontoon.

I'm pretty sure the winch stand will be fine. The bumpers are pushed out with plenty of room for the third toon. I will just go ahead and get what I need. It does make sense.

Back