After Market Rub Rail

dblupcobb

Reaction score
I just recently installed an aftermarket Taco Rub rail.  Very pleased with the finished product.  It was not very difficult to install.  All in all took about 4 hrs.  This was a 50' kit that came with all needed accessories (not really).  I had to purchase additional ss screws because the kit was short 60 screws (maybe they only figured you would use every other pre-drilled hole?).  I clamped the track portion of the kit in place and screwed it from stbd/aft around to prt aft, keeping track tight as I went.  I have a SCWX22 and the 50' kit covered nearly the entire two sides and bow of the boat (about 8" from stern on both sides).  Once the track was installed, I used my hand and a screw driver to work the c-channel bumper in the track all the way around using soapy water and a rubber mallet on areas where it was stubborn.  The kit came with some pretty weak plastic end caps that did not really even fit.  I supplemented them w/ the SS caps offered by Taco ($70, but well worth it).  

I definitely recommend this product so far 3 months after installation.

Clamping.jpg

Finished product.jpg

Screw in place.jpg

SS caps.jpg

That looks very nice and great pics.

That look good, definitely a great add on!

Nice job. Where'd you end up purchasing kit?

They had the kit in stock at my local West Marine, but it is also available on Amazon.  The End Caps I had to order from a Taco Distributor online.

I have been wanting to do something like this. Looks like they have several options. Can you provide a link to the specific rail you used?

Thanks.

Brian

Very neat installation, for sure!

Nice job dblupcobb!!! Looks good!

Why is the rub rail an "option" in the first place?!?

Rub rails should be standard equipment in my mind. It's like Cadillac selling vehicles and bumpers are an option.

Now, now. Maybe others see bumpers in the same light as curb feelers...

Showing your age, and mine... curb feelers.  Don't get me started on fender skirts.

Back