Airhead Gang Plank

kaydano

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how I like the inflatable part. Our neighbors have the aqua lily and they can sure jump around on that thing without damaging it. Not sure how this would hold up under that abuse. They almost run around and play tag on it. Given that there are no reviews on amazon that leads me to believe it isn't selling well.

We have the Lily pad ,to me it was a waste of money .On our 22 SLX there was no place to store it .If you put it down the center it got it the way .

Tried to bungee it in the bow ,too much resistance and then it flipped up at higher speeds .

Then I tried to bungee it aft , then it interfered with the steering.

I'll wait to see what happens with the RCW  

Very good information Jack! I was contemplating the Lily pad (or something similar). What you shared are my exact reservations. Let us know if your opinion changes with the 2375, which is what I have!

Currently my thinking is ( on the RCW )  that while docked ,I can store it down the middle which was not an issue on the SLX .

While under way is/was the problem .Dont even consider the bow.

I did not have and extended aft on the SLX and it actually was rubbing against the motor . 

Since the RCW does have more room in the aft it may not be an issue .

We have the 6X9 version, rolled up it is 6ft x 20 inches .I think I will be OK as long as I have over 20 inches ( 22 to be safe)  between the rails and the motor .

Since we are at a marina ,and the dock box is only 5ft long .We took it home after 1 trip out and left it there all season .

In fact it barley fit in our SUV .Had to lay the back seat down, passenger seat all the way up with the back of the seat as forward it would go..

Good thing it is foam or it would not have fit at all .

You make a very strong case for the inflatable, Jack!  It should fold up nice and small when not in use.

We have an Airhead tube, and the Gang Plank is advertised to be the same gauge PVC.  Our tube is very durable, but it has gotten holes in it in the past (just a couple over the two seasons we've owned it).  I found an awesome PVC patch kit (more like a nail polish for vinyl), so I'm not so worried about punctures on the Gang Plank as long as it is not very often.  Very curious if the corner tether holes hold up well, or rip out though.

That's what I'm considering! The iFloat, I couldn't remember the name.

Is that $300 for just the tow system ?

That's what I said about the foam!

Hence me doing as much research as possible before I spend $600 + shipping!!! LOL

The price of the float is fairly close to the lily pad .

Now I wonder if I can use that Iski on the lily pad ?

I have tried what they picture here .

Once you are underway ,it flips up  

I had it secured at 4 points .

davids-cottage-Aug-2010-046-300x300.jpg

Did you try running two wratchet straps through the center. One to the eyes on the toons and one to the railing?  

I did not try ratchet straps . Used their two Velcro and two bungee .

Dont know If I will be able to get to the eye on the new one ,the deck extends over the tube .I will check when it gets here .

Back