Airtug - Motorized Dolly

Kermo75

Reaction score
So we've had our pontoon for 10 days, getting it in and out of the garage with the tandem axle trailer is proving to be tricky since we are putting it in the back corner of the storage garage.  It is simply the most frustrating part of the boating day.  We will always trailer to and from the water, so we are looking into something to make getting it in and out of the garage a breeze.  Also, would be nice to move it around in the garage if needed easier.  Looked also at Overton's trailer valet XL, but it is not motorized. 

Any help or suggestions with this would be great.  I feel we've made such an investment on the boat, that it would be more than worth it in the long run.  

http://airtug.com/products/trailer-mover-tugs/electric-mini-tug-tt-m-em/

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=97906&s_kwcid=adwords__cat%3Atrailering_&device=c&network=g&matchtype=b&gclid=CPf0jJGbn84CFQgOaQodx6oPCA

Thanks guys!

I have the same issue, i am looking at hydraulic lifting dollies.  They sell them for single wheels, I've yet to see one made for two wheels.  

I've had good luck with dual axle trailers either raising or lowering the tongue enough that one axle comes off the ground for better maneuvering.....

Had the same issue.  Wound up putting another overhead door at other end of storage garage.  Each overhead door now has an electronic door opener for entering and exiting the building.  Works perfect for us. 

Trailer valet looks like a lot of work. There is a battery powered unit I have seen somewhere.

Does anyone know what the approx weight for a 22SCWXP foot Tritoon would be on a tandem axle trailer?   For the Airtug motorized dolly, I don't want to over buy moving power.  If the Airtug moves 4000, would that be good enough?

Here you go......my neighbor has this.......

Last edited by a moderator:
On 8/2/2016 at 9:47 PM, BigKahuna said:

Does he have to turn any angles when getting his boat where he wants it?

That is our issue, we are not putting our boat straight in and out, more of an angle.  We have a wide door opening but have found that the tandem trailer tires want to skid instead of turn when we try to make the curve into the storage space.  

Kermo he actually uses it for his 30 ft. camper to maneuver it in and out of his garage. His garage sits at a 45 degree angle to the driveway and he has no problem...... 

Kermo he actually uses it for his 30 ft. camper to maneuver it in and out of his garage. His garage sits at a 45 degree angle to the driveway and he has no problem...... 

Thanks, that helps!  

Good luck! Let us know what you get.......

Back