Alarm system - Installed!

JsnMR2

Reaction score
Well, I've finished installing the alarm system on my 2017 GPD. With talk of theft and vandalism at some of the marinas it got me wondering why no one protects their boats with an alarm system like they do their cars and their homes. So I started digging into options and this is what I landed with.

Marine Guard alarm system with four deck sensors placed around the deck that detect human weight walking over them. Also, door sensors at all three doors. A large siren, and factory headlights and overhead navigation lights wired to illuminate when triggered. I also opted for the cell phone communication system to alert me via email and text when the system is triggered.

The system when triggered will charm immediately, and go into full alarm after a 15 second delay. It will sound for two minutes, and reset waiting for another trigger .

Here are a couple quick videos. One triggering one of the front deck sensors, and the alarm sounding. Another walking over the deck sensors around the boat with charm only. 

nJjFAPu.jpg

Nice job.

Stereo shop did it for me and did it very well. Very clean... Pretty much looks factory. With the size panels above the pontoons unbolting, it makes access fairly easy. They spent a couple days on it. 

Wow! That's awesome! If I had my boat just left at a marina I would definitely consider that!  Wonder what kind of battery drain there is?

Drain on my number two battery is very minimal. Only time any real power is consumed, is if the system is triggered. They told me the exact draw it takes when armed but inactive, and it was miniscule. I can't recall the numbers they told me though. 

Hopefully you'll never get a call.

Back