ALUMETRON

Never heard of it.

What is it?? Always curious to learn!

Something new! At least to me.

Almost sounds too good to be true but I like what I see. It would be nice to hear from someone with real world experience with the product.

These are the 3 reviews on Amazon:

Aurora Alumetron Clear Polymer Coating for Aluminum 16oz.
byAurora Marine

Price:$39.97+ $9.50 shipping

All reviewersAll starsText, image, video
1.0 out of 5 starsVery Disappointed
ByDesertcallalilyon November 6, 2017
Verified Purchase
Not impressed. We read all the reviews on this product, watched the instructional video, contacted the manufacturer, and followed all instructions perfectly. We applied this product to our brand new (never been in the water) pontoons. We not only cleaned the brand new pontoons with denatured water and lacquer thinner prior to application, we thoroughly dusted and inspected the pontoons for any dirt and dust particles. We even waited two days longer than the recommended cure time before we launched our boat in water. At first, the pontoons looked great. But after only one trip out on the lake, the coating was chipped, scratched, and peeled off in a number of large places. It seems that the least little bit of debris can scratch this finish off. We again called the manufacturer and were told we probably didn’t apply it right (absolutely not the case) and that we could reapply the coating to the damaged areas. We did reapply to the damaged areas, but they still look damaged. We are SO disappointed that our brand new $60,000 boat looks like this. The pictures show the “repaired” areas on the pontoons.
611+vxTGZhL._SY88.jpg
61m4UYztqZL._SY88.jpg

One person found this helpful
Helpful
Not Helpful
|Report abuse

5.0 out of 5 starsFive Stars
ByWayne Binkinson June 3, 2017
Verified Purchase
Works as described. Very effective
Helpful
Not Helpful
|Report abuse

4.0 out of 5 starsStill looks like new after 3 months!
ByShereeon September 4, 2017
Verified Purchase
It has been a few months and it is holding up well. Quite the process to apply but works well. I would do it again, or ask me in 5 years.
Helpful
Not Helpful
|Report abuse

Wondering if any one tried the Aurora protectant and or the bottom coat. and if so how has it done. Considering trying the cleaner lifting the boat and putting the protectant and bottom coating on. I leave the boat in the water most of the summer and have lost serious performance even with cleaning it every couple weeks while in the water. It feels like it has kept the boat from lifting properly as much as anything.

Back