Aluminum Anchors

Kahlua0517

Reaction score
Anyone use an aluminum anchor instead of a galvanized steel type?  I've been using a cumbersome 13# galvanized Danforth style anchor but am considering an aluminum version with my new boat.  Between the chain and the bulkiness of the steel anchor I figured that an aluminum would be more manageable.  I know that there is a big price difference.  Any opinions?

Check out a slide anchor(box anchor) everyone seems to love them, or an hourglass anchor, not sure which I will get if I ever buy one. Shipping to Canada sucks. 

Box anchors are very popular w/the guys on this forum.........I've had this for my 7th season now and never had a problem......just giving you another option..........I use a regular fluke anchor in the stern to prevent the boat from spinning........

http://www.diggeranchor.com/

I just switched from using a heavy danforth to the box. I'll never go back. I love the box anchor. I considered going with the aluminum fortress ones, but the box is still easier to deal with since it requires no chain, much less scope and folds down so small. I'm going to buy a second one soon. 

Heck, on light wind days, the baby box can hold me......that's saying something

Slide Box 

Anyone have a link to a box anchor that they would recommend?

Anyone have a link to a box anchor that they would recommend?
Just try Overton's. They price match everyone and usually have free shipping.

Overtons is also on Ebates...every discount helps.

Check out a slide anchor(box anchor) everyone seems to love them, or an hourglass anchor, not sure which I will get if I ever buy one. I have heard shipping to Canada sucks.

Was that a test Derrick?

Check out a slide anchor(box anchor) everyone seems to love them, or an hourglass anchor, not sure which I will get if I ever buy one. I have heard shipping to Canada sucks.
Haha! I typed this, I thought I hit post (on my tablet) then went and cut the lawn and did some stuff and I came back, picked up my tablet and it was all still in the text box, so I figured crap, I must not have hit post, so I hit it again, then scrolled up and saw my original!  Nice to know you guys are on your toes and not letting any of my stupidity slip past ya though! :D  

Does anone know if these can easily be stowed under the front left seat of a 2550 RCL?

We stow our small box in the front curved bow seats of a 2575RCW.  You do have to be careful for the speaker wires.  

I keep min in the front port side lounge in the bag . 

As far as speaker wire mine are in the curved lounger and they have covers ( Wet Sounds ) 

How well does the box anchor work on a 22 G series in a strong current.  We will be in the intercoastal waterway most of the time.  Will it continue to reset?

I use one on a 2375 RCW ,no issues at all .

Thanks Jack M.  good to know

Back