Aluminum trip seems to be oxidizing or clear coat is cracking

cyanarella

Reaction score
Hey Everyone... my 2014 has some weird oxidizing on the deck corner pieces where it is bent. Almost looks like oxidation. Anyone experience this?

Any photos? Could it be from the stress of reshaping the aluminum? I know my bow curves have some white-ish looking ripples.

Hey Everyone... my 2014 has some weird oxidizing on the deck corner pieces where it is bent. Almost looks like oxidation. Anyone experience this?
Saw the same thing on mine yesterday... Next time I'm at the boat I'll snap a photo.

I will shoot some pics this weekend and post them. 

Does it look like this?

med_gallery_6303_808_1239716.jpg

med_gallery_6303_808_2034787.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine does

Mine too.

When I got mine back from Bennington it has the grip tape all along the front that hides this. I wonder if that is why they added it....

IMG_20150316_134003530_zpsthxld0vp.jpg

Same here. Exactly.  Is this something to go to Bennington about?

I've noticed it on all my bends too. More obvious in certain light. I think it's just the result of bending the aluminum. 

I replaced the front trim on my old boat (many dings from hitting old boat lift).  I went to my dealer to pick the new front cap up and noticed the same thing.  I thought there was something wrong with it, so we went and grabbed a new one still in the foam wrap...same thing...then another and another.  They all had it. 

I picked the best of them.  We decided it was from the bending and anodizing.    Once I got it on the boat, I really didn't notice it.

Back