An omen?

prd2hnt

Reaction score
So we have had our new 21slx out twice now. Rained on both times. Geesh. Who doesn't want us to boat. Bimini works pretty well. It was raining hard day 1. Eventually drips in the seams. May look at the wax used on tent seams. Can't hurt.

Had a great time regardless. One issue kinda left me unhappy. On the second day out on Sunday, cruising along, Trim down the motor. Motor dies. Hmmm. Other times no problem. Later happens again. Thinking short some where?

Sitting on the beach. Get ready to head back out. No start. Acts like dead battery. Hmmm again. Check the connections on the battery. Good and tight. Thinking maybe alternator not charging. No meter with me. Been planning on adding as house battery, so I go pick one up.

Same thing. Hmmm.for a third. time. Wonder about the other end of the battery cable. Crap. Negative loose at the motor. Should have checked both the first time. Dealer and I will have a chat about this. Not the end of the world. Likely paid too much for the battery. Had a great day otherwise.

Then the storm starting to roll in. Got her out of the water and then it hit. Boy did it rain. Love the sea grass flooring. Dried right up when it was all done.

Got 4 hours on the motor break-in. 1/2 tank of gas, 7 adults on board mid thirties on the GPS speedo without pushing to WOT. This boat is going to be fun.

Been reading about the Yamaha 150 being able to charge and isolate a house battery with the addition of a cable. I saw one post where someone was looking to do this. Anybody talk about personal experience with this? I had a second battery and the Yandina combiner and Perko switch on our first pontoon. I was happy with that setup. If I can do the same with a more simple configuration, all the better.

With all the chaos, didn't get any pictures. I feel ashamed. Next weekend...

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Many use 303 fabric guard on their Bimini to water proof it. Technically, it has to be dry before using product and is supposed to dry for almost 2 days.

We use 303 protectant on the vinyl. I'll have to see what it is we have. Wonder if it is the same stuff.

Brian

No, it should be different. There is the vinyl cleaner, the aerospace protectant, and the water repellant. All different products.

Thanks jsur. I'll look into it.

Back