Anchor (Anyone use the Stick IT anchor pin)

RReaume

Reaction score
Anyone use the stick it anchor pin?

Does it hold well?

I ordered a 2550 RCB.  I will be using it on Lake St. Clair Michigan and anchoring in 2-4 foot of water on a sand bottom.  

http://www.stickitanchorpins.com/index.html

I too have been thinking of getting one as an aft anchor, since we are often in 3-4 feet of water.

I just wonder where I would store it on deck.....

Hope other members chime in on this.............

Edit...Looking at their site I see a lot of flat boat applications, I wonder how it would be

with a large surface area deck.......Since I am thinking of it to stop the pendulum effect, I am more optimistic..

Edit II...Just talked to Russ...Ordering an 8' and will report back...

Last edited by a moderator:
These look very interesting!! I am looking for an alternative as I removed my sealegs due to drag. I wonder how one on the bow and on stern would hold? I was thinking A Brake on Bow and Stern? Let us know your results.  Thanks.

Let us know Bull, I wonder if the wind catching ability of a pontoon will prove to be too much for it. And if it doesn't work you at least have a spear to ward of pirates. So either way it is a win win.

We scratch that, things $1500 .... Screw that option

Oh boy Semp, IT COMES IN RED!!! hehe looks pretty cool actually

I don't know gentlemen...........I've seen the videos..........just can't picture that holding a 25 ft. Benny in even moderate winds. Seems to me that it would easily pull it from a sandy bottom. You all know how much our boats move in the wind..............

I noticed they didn't mention that it would work on a toon !  I think the box anchor mite be best + price wise

If you look in there gallery you will see a pontoon. Also, I did talk with Russ in sales he claims that you can use them but recommends not to use the Brake just the poles with a line. I was thinking of getting one for both bow and stern.

I do stand corrected off call,  I didn't look at their gallery before, but it does show a 22' pontoon, my bad.

Grizz, the box anchor is a must however, can be cumbersome. I am looking for a quick and easy shallow water anchor. I am concerned about the size and whether these would hold. I sometimes like to anchor in shallow water and avoid tieing off to the dock to avoid dock rash.

yep, understand. there just doesn't seem to be an easy solution to our anchor storage problem !

My 15 lb. "Digger" anchor sits perfectly under my port side front corner seat..........digger anchor.com

Again, I am thinking of it as an stern anchor only.....just

something to stop the pendulum....

I didn't recognize who was posting since you changed your avatar picture there Bull!! New one looks nice!

Back