And BOOM, this happened.....

goldnrod24

Reaction score
I was hoping for one of those fine October days.

But nope. Tomorrow, she gets a fill of non-ethanol gas, gets covered up, and put up for the winter.

289D6637-0503-4CEC-BDC8-B03E04F8717C_zpsf4eaqt5f.jpg

Looks like a fine day! Used to do a lot of maintenance myself. Guess I just got lazy in my old age..........

Bummer. We hope to get out today one last time on this Benni. I wish I had a trailer to do my own stuff again ...... well maybe I'm more like Daril now ...   :D

Good job there Randy! I wish I had a trailer.

Can someone answer a Question.

I'm getting a full refund on my 20 SLXP  F90 with strakes and wavetamer. I am very pleased the Senior sales rep stepped up and listened to the issues and degraded performance.  What I was told before the purchase never evolved and after 44 hrs in 6 weeks I'm building a better Bennington.  The new build  21 SLXP SPS F150 Simrad GPS G05 EXT AFT DECK,  will it need additional strakes and a wavetamer to bow 3 tube upgrade  beyond the SPS pkg.  Am I paying double for certain items below deck.  Thanks in Advance

The SPS package comes fully underskinned (not the wave tamer shields). The middle tube will have strakes on both sides and the outer tubes will have strakes on the inside only (no need for outside strakes). You get all these when you select the SPS package.

You are gonna love your new boat more than you can imagine!

Do I need

lifting strakes sealed   Additionally to the SPS pkg.   it's difficult to imagine if this is added to the outside toons.   The build has taking a few hours to finalize.   The dealer is unsure if the strakes being sealed for saltwater or it's added to the outside  toons .  Very annoying 

Usually the strikes come sealed when you order the Saltwater Package.

There are no outer strakes on the SPS. It has to do with preventing them from grabbing while turning.

Our 2016 SLX 21 with SPS package and Saltwater package has sealed lifting strakes, and underskinning as Randy (Goldenrod24) said previously. We did not buy anything else special underdeck. We did spring for the extended aft deck. I would highly recommend this if it is not part of the SLXP package. Another thing Randy is right about is the fact that you will LOVE that boat!

Thank you,  I will have the  additional  sealed lifting strakes removed.  It will drop the boat price another $700.  In my mind  it was not making sense to add anything to the outside of port and starboard toons which takes away from the SPS turning performance. The ext aft deck has been added to the Purchase Order.  I will finalize everything line by line this week.

I've said it before this has to be the best forum.   The members here helping others ROCK.

I don't believe it's additional sealed lifting strakes, it's just whether you want the standard lifting strakes sealed or not.  Like stated previously, the SW package has them sealed.  While I have a different boat, I opted for the sealed strakes because it supposedly handles rougher water a tad better and slightly increases speed.  My boat is strictly FW so I don't have the SW package.

Thank you,  I will have the  additional  sealed lifting strakes removed.  It will drop the boat price another $700.  In my mind  it was not making sense to add anything to the outside of port and starboard toons which takes away from the SPS turning performance. The ext aft deck has been added to the Purchase Order.  I will finalize everything line by line this week.

I've said it before this has to be the best forum.   The members here helping others ROCK.

The only thing sealed lifting strakes do are physically seal them to keep water out, if you're going to be in salt water then I would recommend the saltwater anodes/seale strakes. They way they state in the build a boat is VERY confusing as my dealer couldn't decipher it either. I too have the extended aft and wouldn't get another boat without it! Worth every penny. 

I'm certainly not rubbing it in, but we spent a few hours out on the water yesterday, and almost burned up. Man, was it hot. I started to get in the water, but just was too lazy to climb up and down the ladder. Beautiful 90* or so, but the shade sure felt good. 

Now, for you guys that store your boats all winter, I see that some of you fill your boats with the non-eth gas for the winter like goldenrod, but I don't read where you run the boat long enough to get that non-eth and the stabilizer through the motor. I'm not sure what the big difference is between the carb models and the fuel injection regarding the eth. gas is, but if that stuff will ruin a carburetor when it's left in the small engines (coats them with an enamel finish that ruins them) then it surely can't be good to leave it in the lines and components of a F/I motor. Do you run it after putting the non-eth, before storing?

I don't have that to worry about since we use our at least once a month even during the winter, but just though I'd bring it up to you guys that do store them. 

Sure, rub it in!

Yes, I idled my motor on the muffs for 15 minutes to circulated the fuel through the system.

Sure, rub it in!

Yes, I idled my motor on the muffs for 15 minutes to circulated the fuel through the system.

Great! Hopefully, everyone else does the same, if it will actually harm the motor in any way by leaving the non-eth fuel in the lines. Hate you have to put it up! 

I did mine as well on Saturday :(  along with the jet ski. Now the wait begins......

I run non ethanol gas 98% of the time and I run fuel treatment with every tank of gas. Did the same for my last boat which was carborated and had no issues those 9 years! 

I've only run non-ethanol about 2 tank fulls since I got the boat in July 2015, and that was in Sept., in Arkansas, and I didn't know where to get it, so I figured a little wouldn't hurt anything. Back to 100%.

Back