Anodes

Jonny Mac

Reaction score
Hey all,
What size anode discs that are in the stern? I got the ones for the motor, but trying to order replacements for the boat. Thanks!
Edit: 2015 2550 R series
-Mac

Last edited:
Not sure what else to call it.
204278_l.jpg

It is a saltwater life thing!

haha, yes. Mine are pretty worn from the PO and 99% sure they painted over them at some point. BUT, now that I'm home, the diameter is about 3.5"

There's anodes on our Honda.

I think freshwater too especially if in a marina with power???? Correct me if I’m wrong ....
I believe that can be a factor but probably not the primary reason for having them. TC had an issue with that and I've been waiting to see what happened with his boat as it was eaten up badly.

On the subject...
I got new anodes, I got a set of each kind (mag, zinc, alum) but the zinc and magnesium came in the same box, together, with no identifiable markings. The only difference I can see is that one is a bit more shiny and the other is ALOT heavier. Anyone have any idea which weighs more: Zinc or Magnesium?
Going super nerdy, the atomic weight for Zinc is about 3 times that of Magnesium, but I wasn't sure if these are actually pure specific metal

Pure zinc weighs 7135 kilograms per cubic meter and pure magnesium weighs 1738 kilograms per cubic meter. Your anodes are undoubtedly alloys, but I'm willing to bet the zinc one is heavier.

https://www.simetric.co.uk/si_metals.htm

It's more important to know if they're for your type of water or not. That C-word boat I owned came with salt water anodes. My lake is big on electrolysis because of all of the power plants and docks and after only a month in the water my Volvo outdrive looked like hell but the anode looked fine!

On the subject...
I got new anodes, I got a set of each kind (mag, zinc, alum) but the zinc and magnesium came in the same box, together, with no identifiable markings. The only difference I can see is that one is a bit more shiny and the other is ALOT heavier. Anyone have any idea which weighs more: Zinc or Magnesium?
Going super nerdy, the atomic weight for Zinc is about 3 times that of Magnesium, but I wasn't sure if these are actually pure specific metal
Dude I am also looking for part numbers or codes for Bennington nodes, zinc nodes. One on rear of each toon and one in transom well. Can you share any details? Thanks,

Back