Another New Guy

lovnlife

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I been reading every forum thread over the last 3 weeks, ever since we decided that a Bennington is what my wife and I wanted.  Wow, what a great source of info on just about any subject you can think of!  We have bee searching for a "gently used" tritoon, but had very little success over here on the west coast (including Arizona).  Finally found a boat on-line that fit most of our desires at Spend A Day Marina on Indian Lake, in Russells Point, Ohio. 

[SIZE=10.5pt]It is a 2013 24SSRXDT (not sure what all that means because the boat is 22' 4" long), tritoon with 150 Yamaha engine.  Boat and motor have just 60 hours on them, and everything is in great shape.  More details: Regatta Blue with Champagne accent, sport performance package, full-length lifting strakes, SeaStar steering, ski tow bar, ivory pillow top upholstery, two G reclining helm chairs, kicker speakers, extended aft deck, docking light upgrade, sharkskin on the tubes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Never bought anything like this over the internet, it took a lot of phone calls, emails and pictures.  The staff at Spend A Day are amazing, they bent over backwards to provide any info we needed and then prepped the boat for transport.  No trailer, we had to hire a driver and his trailer to transport the boat out here to Big Bear Lake, CA. That is another experience that deserves its own posting![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]We received the boat on Monday, got it in the water without any issues and took it out for our first test run.  Wow, is it fast!  Back to the slip for a thorough inspection and detailed cleaning over the next few days.  Took everyone’s advice and had ordered 303 cleaner, 303 vinyl protectant and 303 fabric guard, so we had them on hand when the boat arrived.  We brought the boat cover, bimini top and cover home to clean and treat with fabric guard.  Sooo glad we did, we had an unexpected storm come up from Mexico, so it has been windy and rainy for the last three days.  We need the rain desperately here in southern California, especially up here in the mountains, our lake elevation is just under 7000 feet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Well, I have rambled enough for my first posting, just wanted to introduce myself to the new Bennington family.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Cheers,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Jeff and Barbara[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]And yes, pictures to come soon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

Congrats and welcome to the family. Can't wait to see pics!!

Congrats and enjoy the boat!

Jack

Barbara and Jeff.....

Welcome to the forum! Have a great summer! Be careful out there!

Don & Peggy from Ohio welcome you to the Bennington family. I agree 100% this blog rocks. These folks help me when I was building my bennington and still do. Great source of info. Enjoy your new ride

Welcome from WI. We have 9 months of winter here followed by 3 months of bad sledding and a little bit of boating. I hope you enjoy the heck out of that boat.

Welcome from down the hill. You certainly have good taste in regards to the color of your boat. I have spent quite a bit of time in your neck of the woods. Towing a boat up the front would be a challenge. Did you tow up the back via Redlands/38?

Cheers, Steve

We need pictures!

Welcome to the zoo! We have friends on our lake that purchased from Spend-a-Day and are very happy.

Back