Any Fellow KS Boaters

KC_Steve

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to the site, we just ordered our Bennington at the Kansas City Sportshow in January. Are there any fellow KS boaters out here?

Steve

Welcome to Benningtons owners club

Yes i'm in Olathe also, just purchased a 24 SF in August and if Hillsdale doesn't quit letting the water out I don't know which lake I will be going to this summer.

have fun on the site lots of information.

Hi Steve, and Toonafish, welcome to the Club! Brenda and I live in Lawrence Ks. We camp and boat at Perry and Melvern lakes. We also have Clinton lake nearby, but it's kinda small, so we use it for sea-doo's or for an afternoon on the toon. Congrats on the new toy, and if Hillsdale gets too shallow, Clinton is an easy drive from Olathe. Happy Boating!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Steve, and Toonafish, welcome to the Club! Brenda and I live in Lawrence Ks. We camp and boat at Perry and Melvern lakes. We also have Clinton lake nearby, but it's kinda small, so we use it for sea-doo's or for an afternoon on the toon. Congrats on the new toy, and if Hillsdale gets too shallow, Clinton is an easy drive from Olathe. Happy Boating!
Well Hello, glad to see some other owners in this area. We keep everything stored down at Pomona Lake and boat there generally. We do venture out every now and then though. I am stuck there because I can't find any good deals on storage anywhere else.

Once it gets closer to that time of season, we will have to maybe see about getting the Benny's together! :) Enjoy, and stay warm!

I can't believe i didn't mention pomona. we have friends we camp with there, in michigan valley. We'll probably have the toon there a couple of times this year. our first planned camping trip this year is at pomona in the outlet park on april 20th, no boats on that trip :angry: I'll let you know when we get the toon down there, and we can meet up B)

I can't believe i didn't mention pomona. we have friends we camp with there, in michigan valley. We'll probably have the toon there a couple of times this year. our first planned camping trip this year is at pomona in the outlet park on april 20th, no boats on that trip :angry: I'll let you know when we get the toon down there, and we can meet up B)
Definitely, sounds like a plan. We generally camp over on the State Park Side, but have thought about trying out the Michigan Valley side this Spring. I hope to have ours on the water by then, it will just depend on this weather. Never know this year.

Ordered our new 22SSLX at the January Boat Show and got it in the water just after St. Patricks day. Totally in love with it. Live on a small lake north of downtown KC.

I am originally form Hutchinson KS (now in the St. Louis area) and do all of my boating at Table Rock Lake - you should come down and check it out as it is only about 3 hours from KC.

Jack

Hi Kansas boaters. Live near Lincoln, NE. We got a new 22SL with a Yamaha 75 last year and had a great time at the local area lakes. Have been a club member for a year. Wife, son, grandson and father-in-law spent almost every weekend on the boat. Had lots of friends and lots of fun pulling people on the tube. This is my 6th boat, first 5 were sail boats. The pontoon is the best by far as I am getting older (64) and it is so much easier in many ways.

A few friends have recommended we go to Milford Lake in Kansas. Only about an hour or so from home. Might consider a weekend or two and would appreciate any info or advice. The boat is red and we pull it with a blue Chevy Suburban. If we go will look for Benningtons. If anyone has been considering a weekend get together in north east Kansas, might be interested in that also.

We love our boat and love this club. Thanks.

Gary and Buffy Cornish

Okay, let's see - I'm new here. Ordered a 2250 GSR last week, black, tritoon, pretty much decked out. Geoffrey - you live in Lawrence. I went to KU and have a bunch of good friends (fraternity brothers) that live in Lawrence, most of them from there. Jack - My brother is on Table Rock - keeps his toon at Campbell Point. We're from Joplin - spent a lot of time there when there were still trees standing in the water. Great lake. And, also have friends from Hutch and dated a couple of girls from there. If "65" is your graduation year from high school, I probably know some of your classmates. Or, "65" could be the year you were brought into this world. We're on Grand Lake O' the Cherokees in NE Oklahoma - on Monkey Island.

Back