Any Q Series owners out here.

Mark649

Reaction score
Would love to talk to some Q owners before I make my purchase. Any Q owners, are you happy with your selection.

Thanks

Mark

I have a 2013 Q 2575 I/O Tower boat with Merc. 430 hp 8.2 what would you like to know?

I am happy with the boat. I am not sure I would get the big engine or the tower boat again. You lose seating when you go with the tower boat and the sink option. The tower boat looks cool and if you do a lot of Wake boarding then it would be the way to go. The top is a lot smaller than the top that comes on the standard Q. I do have the front top which gives me a little bigger top on the tower than the standard one. I do miss the lounge that was on the standard boat across from the captains chair. The bigger engine requires that the engine cover be 4 inch taller than the small block that will lead to some head banging on the tower until you remember to start ducking. I mainly got the big engine for bragging rights, but seldom go above 40 mph.The boat will top out about 56 mph with 2 or 3 on board and will top about 50 mph fully loaded. I have a friend that has an R model with the 350 Mag and he can top out about 46 mph so not a big difference with everyday cruising. I like the big swim platform with the I/O option but would really like to just trim the motor up out of the way when beaching. I had the standard Q 2575 I/O with the same engine before trading for this boat and I think I like it better just because it will seat more people and the top covers more area. I haven't had an outboard engine boat before, but if I ever get another pontoon I might go that option just for the beaching. The Q is an excellent boat with a ride and handling you will love.

I guess in some respects we are all Q drivers, even if it's daydreaming while we are out on the water.

The first obvious issue is coming to grips with a boat with a six figure price.

Probably the next check point is outboard versus inboard. And with that std. versus electronic guages. Power steering is a given.

Then the towers versus folding bimini. For me this would be easy because the Bennington tower a don't fold down so on my lake I'd be bridge limited. My bimini won't go under the bridges in spring time unless it's down flat.

Length and floor plan next. Lots of the Q variants have rear facing lounges. My wife doesn't like them.

And on and on. There is even a place in Mn. With on of the Mahagony Edition boats

Have you thought about an in stock leftover? Maybe you find a bargain. Leader Marine in Dickson Tn has two 2013s.

I have a 2012 QCW 2575 and love it. I have a Yamaha 250 with the ESP package and it has been a great boat.

Jack

I have had 2 Q's 2013 and 2014 and I'm sold on them I have the Q2575 with the 8.2 430 hp it also has the sport tower. I think it all deepens what you want. I go to the lake to have fun pull my family around on tubes , skiing,wakeboading and then to float and drink some beer. I'm not a cooking on the water kinda guy. I have plenty of room and can go fast if need be. Yes it cost a lot and if it is not in your budget don't get it. If it is then do. You don't want buy some thing and have regrets you shoulda done this or that. But understand this with any Bennington your going to have funnnnn.

I'm probably one of the few QCL owners out there.  The only other one i've seen is a Mahogony hull that a famous country star purchased right beside mine...

I went with the CL (Club Lounge) setup because I preferred the extra "Social" seating so the loungers didn't work too well since it separated 2 people.  I do see the appeal, and it looks the best from a cosmetic standpoint I believe, but the functionality of that club seating is awesome to me, and having 2 little kids and one on the way it's much safer I think to keep the kids coralled into either the front of the back without any blind spots.

By the way it's more comfortable than any furniture i've ever sat in, so I often just sit dockside to enjoy the sun instead of our patio furniture.

Love it.

So who is the famous country star?

They had 2 Qs. Dealership told me it was Randy Travis. We bought them at the same time and I was missing a cup holder at delivery and it's rumored to have made it on to his boat for delivery. RANDY, IF YOUR READING THIS. I WANT MY CUPHOLDER BACK. AND AUTOGRAPHED. That would be super cool. Ok?

thanks.

That is what I thought. Saw him in concert a few years back. I was probably the youngest one there!

2013 q here with sport tower and yami f300. Love the boat. Let me know if any specific questions. I am in ocean so sport tower was a must as attaches to frame and helps rigidity in the rough stuff.

Back