Any Wakeboarders here?

Kells

Reaction score
So I got an awesome deal on a new wakeboard setup Liquid Force Trip 146 board, and CWB Torq Bindings.  I just gave it my first try yesterday.  I only had a few minutes so after a few attempts I got up for only a few seconds, turned my board and dipped the front into the water causing an immediate faceplant  :)  I have no experience with water sports whatsoever, but I want to learn so I can teach my wife and daughters.

I'm wondering if there are any other people here who wakeboard with their pontoon?   If so, any tips?  I understand once I figure out how to ride, i'll be looking for some wake to jump on.  Is it possible on a pontoon to create a good wake?  I've read about sumo sacs, and adding weight to the back of a displacement hull style boat to create a wake, and even pnumatic plates that push down into a wake on other boats, but a pontoon is a different beast.   

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, advice is appreciated to maximize the experience.

Oh yea, can the wakeboard tower be retrofitted to standard bimini boat? 

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I have wakeboarded, not professionally or even decently!  It was behind an MB Sport boat which is made for it. The hardest thing is figuring out how to get up the first time, after that it seems easy, don't ask me why! No you cannot retrofit a wake tower onto a Bennington, well not with their blessing. There are extra structural supports, or at least properly mounted to the structural supports. A pontoon will not give out any kind of fantastic wake, and I don't think adding sacks will do much. You can play with trim and line length to try to achieve a decent lip on a wake. I would simply get up and enjoy learning your balance and how to cut and stay controlled on the little wake there is, then find a buddy on the lake! 

Back