Anybody going to the Miami Boat show next month?

Willb

Reaction score
Will be our first time. Doesn't look like Bennington is exhibiting.

We are flying in Friday and taking a private tour and test run on our potential next PADS. https://www.atlantic-cruising.com/fountaine-pajot-47/

It has a 2 year build time, fits our time frame of our oldest heading to college and me and Mrs looking for our next challenge.

No TomS, the won't let us strap dual Verados to the back..

Nice!! I love catamarans. So spacious. That's my dream live aboard. 

Wow, are you kidding me?? Only in my wildest dreams....

Very nice!  Doesn't look like the typical Indian lake boat.  

Will need a few more dredges on Indian Lake first..

looking at docking in Abaco in Bahamas and chartering to offset some of the costs.

Will be our first time. Doesn't look like Bennington is exhibiting.

We are flying in Friday and taking a private tour and test run on our potential next PADS. https://www.atlantic-cruising.com/fountaine-pajot-47/

It has a 2 year build time, fits our time frame of our oldest heading to college and me and Mrs looking for our next challenge.

No TomS, the won't let us strap dual Verados to the back..

Very nice!

We thought about going to Miami. We've been looking at Ranger Tugs, among others, based out of Sanibel and even taking a shot at doing the Great Loop some day The Great Loop

That's my wife peeking in the porthole of the R29S in Chicago. Unfortunately, the gold bow on the side also reflects the price ;-)

/monthly_2017_01/large.5884e6b1122c6_RangerTugR29SChicagoBoatShow2017-1.jpg.dcfcae2b2dd9a1b5e29c72906cde1278.jpg

Will need a few more dredges on Indian Lake first..

looking at docking in Abaco in Bahamas and chartering to offset some of the costs.

Have you looked into the charter companies where you purchase it, but they charter it for five years. They pretty much guarantee minimum break even expense, and handle all the charters, maintenance, etc. If you have them do everything there's a small return on investment those five years. At end of five years you own it. You can even use it while it's there, but of course if you are using it, it's not getting chartered. Only thing is, it's in the Caribbean. You either let it there, or sail it back to the US. The company promoting this was at the Annapolis power boat show. It was a very interesting deal. 

Funniy same company is the dealer we have been working with out of Annapolis. Atlantic Cruising.  Frank there has been amazingly responsive.

Such a small world.  Shauna isn't keen on the full time usage in the fleet.

my only shot is the 3 bedroom with the large master to keep her happy,. Which is all that matters.  A 6 week annual rental will net 30,000 and the loan payment is 72,000 annually.  

Hurricane insurance is also a kick to the nuts

TomS- I will try to swing by Ranger tugs for you with the GoPro 

Years ago, we flew to Abaco and ferried over to Elbow Key for 2 weeks in a house rental.  Beautiful area. 

Funniy same company is the dealer we have been working with out of Annapolis. Atlantic Cruising.  Frank there has been amazingly responsive.

Such a small world.  Shauna isn't keen on the full time usage in the fleet.

my only shot is the 3 bedroom with the large master to keep her happy,. Which is all that matters.  A 6 week annual rental will net 30,000 and the loan payment is 72,000 annually.  

Hurricane insurance is also a kick to the nuts

TomS- I will try to swing by Ranger tugs for you with the GoPro 

I'd rent it 14 weeks a year. Loan payment = BIG FAT GOOSE EGG ...  :D

I'd rent it 14 weeks a year. Loan payment = BIG FAT GOOSE EGG ...  :D

14.4... ;)  You'd still owe $1714.29 if you did 14 weeks. Sounds too good to be true. There has to be more costs...crew, mooring, ect, etc.

Charter captains are an up charge to the renter. Usually 225 to 300 a day plus tip. Cook/crew are extra.  The layout we want has a major draw back: the 4 stateroom with crew quarters is more marketable to someone that is willing to pay a 9000 a week rental. I went conservative and factored them taking 45% in fees.

14 weeks would need a perfect weather season and no hurricanes. So I don't want to budget that way.  Mooring is $1.40 a foot per day for full service with Wifi. (Some marinas charge 15 a day for Internet.

we will need Internet for our sons school work.  The costs are scarey but we do plan on selling the house

Go for it! You have to promise to keep us in the loop with pictures from time to time of you "living the dream".

I'm sorry Tom. We never made it to that side of the boat show. We spent about 7 hrs in the strictly sail side then went over to the separate yacht show.

The yacht show was a whole different sight of wealth than I could ever fathom.

We saw Luna sitting at port-2nd largest exploration class yacht behind Gates new one. 545 million build price in 2010. Unequipped with the helicopters. Yes plural, toys, and submarines

I found unique at the Sail show that the boats we were there to see, you had to have a dealer appt and willing to giveersonal info just to hoard. They didn't just allow anybody onto the larger sailboats.

What's scary about PADS is when your wife doesn't object.  There will be a lot more thought and research done before I put down the deposit that is larger than my current Benny purchase price alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back