Anyone going to Annapolis Power Boat Show ?

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Used to go all the time when we lived in Upper Marlboro, MD. About a half hour away from where we used to live.........Unfortunately we're going southwest to go Whitewater rafting/ATVing in West Virginia................Annapolis is a beautiful town! Hopefully Navy doesn't have a home football game this weekend......It can get pretty crowded...............

Thats why we are going Friday, figured even if no game, Saturday will be a zoo ...... so we both took the day off to go drool ...... :D

OR should I say drool more than we do everytime we see our Benni ....... ;)

I'm sure you'll be posting some pics right????? The boats there are incredible!

I'm sure you'll be posting some pics right????? The boats there are incredible!
I Hope to, as long as my drooling doesn't cloud the lense !!! Lol !!!

I just check out some of those boats, I mean YACHT'S.  I would love to see those in person.

Semp............there is a Navy home football game on Saturday against Air Force. Big Game!......... but it might be cancelled because of the Government shutdown. Go figure.

Great pics Semper! Looks like you and your wife had a good time! Did you have a chance to pick up some good seafood and a couple local beers in downtown waterfront Annapolis??? Especially those crab cakes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved steamed Blue Crabs, lotta work but love sitting at a picnic table at the water making a mess with the crabs and a pitcher of beer

Yup Link w/some Old Bay!!!!!!!! Hmmmmmmmm!

Daril,

Didn't try the seafood. She's not a seafood person and I'm too cheap to pay what they eNt for a beer at the show ... Lol !!!

Us we were too busy looking at all the eye candy ... Man oh man, there were some beautiful boats.

I do believe I pissed the Premier toon guy off. He said have a seat and let me know what you think. I td him not impressed, he said why ? I told him I have a Benni ...... Long moment of silence .... Then he asked what else made my Benni nicer .... Well after a couple minutes of pointing out easy things, I excused myself as I think he was at a loss for words. I admit, they "look" nice, but looks do not denote quality. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark,

I have many fond memories as a kid picking crabs with my grandmother. Even when she was in the home we would get steamed shrimp for her, and she always made sure to share with me ..... I sure miss her ... :-(

I can remember as a kid she would take us to the dock in Ocean City with traps n chicken. We'd catch some blues, and she'd steam them and we'd have a feast ..... Man o' man, the memories with gram ..... :)

Blues have gotten so expensive.  Last I was in Baltimore couple of years ago we went to Captain James for crabs and when I sat down the waiter brought us a pitcher of beer and he brought a cafeteria style tray the had the four different sizes of crabs on them, each one had a strip of masking tape on them with a number .  Already knew the answer but still asked what's the 88 on the big one?  Yup $88 for a dozen.  Now when you are not an expert at opening blues you better get the biggest ones to make it easier.  I remember years ago eating blues in Virginia when you paid $5 and got a bag full. 

Back