As a Noob -- no eye rolling please -- here goes...

Welcome to the nut house!

While I think that shipped has already sailed, I'm getting nuttier by the moment!

Tomorrow is 'THE' big day! I'm just hoping I've not overlooked anything, but to mitigate for such possibilities, I am self-medicating with a nice glass of wine right now. :eek:

Still have the question about anchors for our intended use; a local here recommended the Danforth 8S kit (since we're in the muddy waters of the upper Mississippi River in Wisconsin). Opinions? I don't need to buy a Ferrari anchor for a Chevy priced Benny... but I "would" prefer to keep both my boat and my anchor(s).

Also keep a noise producing device (canned air horn or whistle) in case your boats horn dies. We also have a couple orange emergency paddles (visual safety devices) and yes, we can move our 23' G with them ..... not fast, but it moves. We also have a couple emergency ponchos.

Arrived today... thank you, Amazon (and SEMPERFI8387)!

I really like my Fortress 7. Lightweight and guaranteed for life. You can go with a less expensive version (Danforth) but they are heavier to move around.

If it's in your budget, look for a MinnKota electric anchor setup. I love mine!!! The only thing I have to do is clean off the muck/weeds before I bring it completely in to its holder.

My wife picked a 20lb vinyl/rubber coated deal for $5 bucks at a garage sale. Tried it for the first time this past weekend and it bit in right away, held us in place perfectly until I pulled it up. So far so good for us.

My wife picked a 20lb vinyl/rubber coated deal for $5 bucks at a garage sale. Tried it for the first time this past weekend and it bit in right away, held us in place perfectly until I pulled it up. So far so good for us.
Haha, I had to look up a couple posts to remember what we were talking about!

Haha, I had to look up a couple posts to remember what we were talking about!

I guess reading that back it sounded ridiculous!!! And pics or it ain't true right???

Back