Average time to receive warranty parts?

lakeliving

Reaction score
Should it take 8 weeks to get a new helm seat? I don't know why this would take this long. I know it will get taken care of but would just like to get it and be done with it. I'm not whining, just trying to get a feel from the forum before bugging my dealer.

Due to size they probably try to piggyback with other toons being delivered but in eight weeks you would have thought they would have got more toons in?? I'd be bugging my dealer.

I'm also waiting for a refund from him as well as the Bennington 4 rod holder will not functionally work anywhere on a 22 sslx. I'll give him until next week as I will be traveling on vacation and then work.

I had to have a seat replaced under warranty and it took months to get resolved. TB did help. This has been my only complaint though I had the work done over winter so it didn't really matter

Hi all,

sorry to report that upholstered replacement parts are currently taking 8-10 weeks. It is an ongoing issue with our supplier and we apologize for the delay. :( TB

Thanks for the update TB. I assume the warranty parts come from the supplier then. I'm sure boats are still being built and being shipped with complete seating.

I thought I remember reading that the furniture is built on demand, so it takes quite a few weeks till its available based on the build date .......

Balls. I'm in Utah right now for work so I'll follow up with the dealer next week.

Now over 11 weeks... Makes me hope nothing else goes wrong with this boat...I know this will get taken care of but this is getting ridiculous. Called the dealer and he has no updates as well.

Someone in the world knows why. Keep asking, if they say it's someone else, ask to speak to them. Two things to remember: the squeaky wheel gets the oil and you get more with honey than vinegar.

I know how you feel, have been waiting for 9 weeks so far for a G series helm chair, still no sign of it, also waited 8 weeks for a new fence section that was to be replaced but when the fence section came in the dealer told me they had to order another new one because the one that came in was damaged and might have to wait another 4 to 8 weeks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was running Bennington these issues wouldn't happen. Taking care of the customer is priority one. If you can not take care of your current customer base, you shouldn't be taking on new customers. If their vendor cannot handle the volume, time for a new vendor. I'm sure there are plenty out there dying for the opportunity to work with the leader in pontoon boats. I would also think an organization would want the issues resolved asap as these boats gather a lot of attention and you wouldn't want your product floating around with issues. I guess us S guys have to wait for the scraps from the big dogs.

... I guess us S guys have to wait for the scraps from the big dogs.
I think it has more to do with them selling the heck out of the S vs the big dogs. Nonetheless, this is unacceptable situation to have to wait that long. It makes you wonder if there was a design change/fix that had to be worked through the existing inventory.

I am attending the 2014 Club Bennington Invitational this year and this subject is one of the questions i will be asking them, instead of asking the dealer and not really getting a answer other than still waiting for the parts. I will also be inquiring about other parts and options, why is it we have to always go through the dealer for everything even little things like a factory door stop, I am not trying to make anyone mad, but there are other mfgs of toons that if you need a part or want to buy an option to install you can do it online through there web site.

It took me 2 years of trying to decide to by a pontoon or not, I have always had v-hulls and I do not live on a lake so I wasn't sure I wanted to trailer something this big everywhere. During this time I was looking for a new toon and when it came down to what we were looking for in our first new pontoon, it was between Bennington and Premier. Premier had one big advantage to me and that was there factory is only 30 miles from where I live and they are one of the top mfgs and there is a dealer next to the factory, This dealer sells Premier and Bennington. But through all the boat shows and going to dealers. My wife and I always drifted towards the Bennington (another top mfg), I thought the looks the feel and construction always still were better than the others. We also supposedly have one of the largest Bennington dealers in the country that is also 30 miles away in the oppisite direction, I was told that they sell 400+ Bennies a year. That's a lot. We chose Bennington. We ordered our Bennie from that same dealer with the layout we wanted and received it when promised. Unfortunately we have had a long list of warranty issues and still are waiting for some of them to get done. So it does seem like there could be a lot of improvement in the parts and warranty area. To be honest I have second guessed my self because of some of these issues. But I still think we made the right choice. One more thing, now that we have had our first pontoon for a while we are thinking of ordering another new one (Bennington again) because now we know what we liked and disliked. Hopefully with less issues

I think it has more to do with them selling the heck out of the S vs the big dogs. Nonetheless, this is unacceptable situation to have to wait that long. It makes you wonder if there was a design change/fix that had to be worked through the existing inventory.
But it's a G helm chair Tom!!!(humor, not me being an ass!) I know they sell a lot of S's and I still get a smile on my face when I see one on my lift. Just hoped for a better experience in regards to warranty is all.

And speaking of the big dogs, someone had a really nice R with esp and at least a 300 on the back. It was the first time I've seen a esp boat with some power and damn, they can cruise!!

But it's a G helm chair Tom!!!(humor, not me being an ass!) I know they sell a lot of S's and I still get a smile on my face when I see one on my lift. Just hoped for a better experience in regards to warranty is all.
I agree. My patience would be long since spent and there would be major noise.

And speaking of the big dogs, someone had a really nice R with esp and at least a 300 on the back. It was the first time I've seen a esp boat with some power and damn, they can cruise!!
I've never seen mine myself in motion because I'm the only driver, but it feels great and is very settled and always nicely balanced at speed.

Same here. I only hit 34 but it seems like everyone is starring at me when I'm at speed. I wonder what it looks like off the boat.... Maybe I can get the wife to video me.

Back