Average time to receive warranty parts?

One more thing, now that we have had our first pontoon for a while we are thinking of ordering another new one (Bennington again) because now we know what we liked and disliked. Hopefully with less issues
Careful, it's addicting!! That new boat smell. Hopefully you do 'pull a Derrick' as some have called it, it will make me look more normal.!!! Haha valid points on warranty and replacement parts, but as you stated, I still think they are the best in the business.

Update: Dealer just surprised me by swinging by and installing new seat!!! All is good!!

Nice. Glad you finally got your part !!!!!

Me too Semp!! I was thinking I would have to go out and buy a new one soon so I'd have a seat! If anyone needs me later, I'll be on the lake!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Careful, it's addicting!! That new boat smell. Hopefully you do 'pull a Derrick' as some have called it, it will make me look more normal.!!! Haha valid points on warranty and replacement parts, but as you stated, I still think they are the best in the business.
Your right Derrick, this can get addicting, I was already wanting to change things after the first couple of times on the water. I wasn't sure I was going to like a pontoon but after owning one it would be hard going back to a v-hull style boat. And yes the wife and I are going to spec out a new one and just check the cost first, after we go to 2014 preview. see where it goes from there.

Update: Dealer just surprised me by swinging by and installing new seat!!! All is good!!
That's good news, Nothing left to do but enjoy.

Update on my warranty Items, Boat was ordered in March and picked up in May and when we picked it up it  had some warranty items that need to be addressed. Port fence needed to be replaced and one of the front G series chairs and a another list of items that were taken care of through out the summer. I reported earlier that the fence came in and came in damaged and needed to be reordered. Well the fence and the chair came in (finally) so I set up to have the dealer install the warranty parts and winterize the boat, then put into storage and would be ready for next season and probably a trade in in the spring. Well the dealer messed up the door when they install the new fence, so now they need to order a door and a hinge, (Dealers fault) and the seat that came in and looked like a cheap china knock off, the stitching wasn't straight and the head rest didn't look sewn on straight and some of the stitching was also ripped, color was slightly off and didn't look like it had enough padding in it. So they to decided look at another seat they they received for another customer for warranty and that one was worse than the one that came in for me. Dealer said that they will have to send them back and try again. I was told that Bennington hired a second company to do some of there upholstery because of the demand, If they did do this and they are a higher end pontoon Mfg. why wouldn't they make sure that the quality meets there standards. Unfortunately I have lost a little respect for Bennington. Sorry.  

So I am a little irritated with Bennington and my dealer that I had to go a whole season without getting all the warranty issues resolved, Put the boat in storage today and will have to wait until spring to get it out to try get the rest of it resolved. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on my warranty Items, Boat was ordered in March and picked up in May and when we picked it up it  had some warranty items that need to be addressed. Port fence needed to be replaced and one of the front G series chairs and a another list of items that were taken care of through out the summer. I reported earlier that the fence came in and came in damaged and needed to be reordered. Well the fence and the chair came in (finally) so I set up to have the dealer install the warranty parts and winterize the boat, then put into storage and would be ready for next season and probably a trade in in the spring. Well the dealer messed up the door when install the new fence so now the need to order a door and a hinge, (Dealers fault) and the seat that came in looked like a cheap china knock off, the stitching wasn't straight and the head rest didn't look sewn on straight and some of the stitching was also ripped, color was slightly off and didn't look like it had enough padding in it. So they to decided look at another seat they they received for another customer for warranty and that one was worse than the one that came in for me. Dealer said that they will have to send them back and try again. I was told that TB hired a second company to do some of there upholstery because of the demand, If they did do this and they are a higher end pontoon Mfg. why wouldn't they make sure that the quality meets there standards. Unfortunately I have lost a little respect for TB. Sorry.  

So I am a little irritated with TB and my dealer that I had to go a whole season without getting all the warranty issues resolved, Put the boat in storage today and will have to wait until spring to get it out to try get the rest of it resolved.
Just a quick clarification. We usually use the term "BM" to refer to Bennington Marine. They are the manufacturer. "TB" is usually used to refer to Team Bennington. The Team is made up of both the factory players and the mods here at this site.

Do take comfort in knowing that while your problem isn't YET resolved, it will be to your satisfaction.

BM is well aware of the interior supplier issue. I'm confident they are working to resolve the quality issues.

I know this post does not solve your issues, but BM will make it right.

TB or BM same thing people know what I am talking about. And if there so well aware of these issues, so then why still send out replacements parts like this ??   :angry:  It doesn't help

Last edited by a moderator:
Back