Back Ladder Strap

tkrein

Reaction score
anyone have the ladder strap on the rear entry of ther pontoon break. I think last year alone i had the dealer put 6 on my toon. Bennington sent them 4 and they gave them to me. Just wondering if i am the only one that has ever had this problem. O i have a 2009 20 ft gli love it. best boat I ever owned o and its wineberry.

T.Krein

anyone have the ladder strap on the rear entry of ther pontoon break. I think last year alone i had the dealer put 6 on my toon. Bennington sent them 4 and they gave them to me. Just wondering if i am the only one that has ever had this problem. O i have a 2009 20 ft gli love it. best boat I ever owned o and its wineberry.

T.Krein
Had the same issue with my 07 benny 2275 gl. I had 1 or 2 warrantied and then just started fixing them myself as the replacements only lasted for a few uses. The snap always tore out of the strap.

The new boat should have no issues as the ladder is telescoping and tucks up under the deck now and is held in place with a rubber strap and hook rather than troublesome snaps and straps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the same issue with my 07 benny 2275 gl. I had 1 or 2 warrantied and then just started fixing them myself as the replacements only lasted for a few uses. The snap always tore out of the strap.

The new boat should have no issues as the ladder is telescoping and tucks up under the deck now and is held in place with a rubber strap and hook rather than troublesome snaps and straps.
Wonder if bennin made those changes recently. I wish mine was that way I should go down to the benni dealer and check it out.

I have a 2011 GCW and after about 5-6 uses the rubber broke. We did not pull hard, it just snapped. Any alternatives that anyone has found?

Mine broke too. My dealer keeps them in stock as he is replacing lots of them.

Sorry about the straps, guys. Passed your comments along to the right folks at Bennington. The black strap on the telescoping ladder has been an issue and we're working on resolving it. The "snap" straps on fold-up ladders normally hold up for quite a while but eventually need replacing. Thanks for sharing. We appreciate ya. TB

TB - if you need anyone to put your solution to the rubber strap through the ringer, I'm your man!

Anybody have a pic of the ladder and strap? The telescoping one, I have the fold up one. Thanks

Sorry about the straps, guys. Passed your comments along to the right folks at Bennington. The black strap on the telescoping ladder has been an issue and we're working on resolving it. The "snap" straps on fold-up ladders normally hold up for quite a while but eventually need replacing. Thanks for sharing. We appreciate ya. TB
Second time out on the water the black rubber strap broke. Took it in for it's 10 hour service and told my dealer about the broken strap. They fixed it okay and then charged me for it. They were inexpensive and two to a pack but that's not the point. I thought my boat had a 5 year warranty?? My strap broke at the 3 hr mark. I can't really complain, other than the strap problem and the gas spewing out of the tank while trying to fill it up, I haven't had any other problems all summer.

We had the "mesh" strap on our 07 1850 and it was still in great condition when we sold it last week. So I should expect broken straps on our '12 GCW? Does the ladder still stay up with the broken strap?

Chuck, if you are getting the same rubber strap that the 2011s have, then yes, the telescoping ladder still stays put for the most part. It bounces like crazy and may begin to fall out with big swells. I bought a 10" Velcro strap from Lowes to hold the ladder still In case it happens again.

The rubber strap on mine broke also after just a month of use but I found it has 3 mounting holes and it was in the middle one which made it have to be stretched so tight to hook, I put the new one on the back hole and it is still tight so we will see how long it lasts.

Second time out on the water the black rubber strap broke. Took it in for it's 10 hour service and told my dealer about the broken strap. They fixed it okay and then charged me for it. They were inexpensive and two to a pack but that's not the point. I thought my boat had a 5 year warranty?? My strap broke at the 3 hr mark. I can't really complain, other than the strap problem and the gas spewing out of the tank while trying to fill it up, I haven't had any other problems all summer.
I can deal with the strap, but you bring up a good point... every time if fill up, the tank overflows no matter how carefull I am. Does anyone have any tips? (other than dont fill it up?)

I can deal with the strap, but you bring up a good point... every time if fill up, the tank overflows no matter how carefull I am. Does anyone have any tips? (other than dont fill it up?)
I check the fuel gauge prior to filling to get an idea how much I think it will take. Then with mine being a GCW I crank the tongue jack to get front of the boat up in the air. I then listen closely while filling at a moderate rate, and the first sound of a gurgle I shut off. It's full. I do ok if a diesel doesn't pull up next to me.... :angry:

had the same issue with the rubber strap breaking on my 2011 GCW within the first month of ownership. Dealer said next time I bring the boat in they'll replace it under warranty but so far haven't had any issues with it in the stowed/collapsed position.

Guess I have been lucky - have the telescoping ladder with black rubber strap. Have used it probably over 300 times in the last year with no problem.

I treat all of my snaps with a shot of WD-40 once or twice a year. Helps keep them easier to snap and unsnap. Give it a try.

I have the rubber strap and it works great. I also treat all of my snaps but instead of WD-40 I use Chapstick. Seems to last a fairly long time.

Back