Baffled with Fuel Sending Unit

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Bennington Pontoon End of 2021 boating season my fuel gauge would not go below a half a tank. End of season I decided to wait until next 2022 summer, Same issue so mid July I decided to begin the fix. Gauge seemed to work fine it just would stop at half a tank. I did some research and replaced the original sending unit with a new after market unit my dealer recommended. out of the tank the new unit worked fine. Gauge worked etc... I installed the unit only to have the same issue. rather than mess with it I waited until this spring to try to fix it. I pulled the new unit and discovered the magnet was 1/2 inch bigger than the original unit. We put a socket same size on an extender as the new magnet and hit a ridge in the tank where the lines for the motor pass. Ok case solved until I took the old original unit home and tested with an ohms meter and it tested fine 240 to 30. So if the original is ok and gauge is ok why did original begin to stop at 1/2 tank. Any one else have this issue or ideas how to fix it

Back