battery - dual with switch (port/starboard)

royal4

Reaction score
Hi, newbie question.... (22ssrx30)

I ordered the dual battery with switch (port/starboard) --- it says "battery-dual with switch (port/starboard)"

Does that mean they put one battery port and the other starboard? I was thinking maybe they do that as a way to distribute weight evenly???  Am I even close or does it mean something else?

thanks,

Mine are sitting together on the port side under the rear lounger.  I think what they mean is that they will be mounted together on one side or the other depending on the deck floor plan you have and the factory determines where they will mount.

Jack

Mine are the same as Jack

Thanks,  that makes sense -- splitting them up didn't make sense to me other than the possible weight balance.  

1. it would take up room in both rear loungers

2. why run all that extra cable between them

On the boat builder there is an option for dual battery port and dual battery port/starboard. I always thought that meant they split them for some reason. Mine are both in the port side.

Mine are also together .  I was told they would be separate " if " you deleted the changing room 

I have that option and they are split but I still have the changing room.

Interesting .

I  ordered port & starboard  ,did not delete the changing room they were both installed on the port side .

Bennington refunded the cost difference I was charged on the order .That is when I was told that the changing room had to be deleted .

Mine are both under the anglers fishing station side by side. I have a 3rd battery for the trolling motor under the L lounge placed right over the center toon. The 3rd battery charges off of it's own trickle charger.

Boat came in last week and they are split, one port one starboard 

Mine are split as well.

Back