Battery jump starter

jsur

Reaction score
Just looking for any recommendations for a good battery jump starter.  Apparently I cannot have a second battery installed by Bennington and I do not want to lose any more time this year waiting for the dealer to do it.  Thus, I figure I will carry one of these for the summer and then worry about a second battery over the winter.  

I have two of these guys...have had them for over 8 years now and both work great.  They seem to hold a charge forever!

JNC 660

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JFJLP6

They have no problem jumping a 5.9L v8.  One of them will now be dedicated to the pontoon during the summer.

There are so many out there. I bought the Power Station from Costco a couple years ago. I've used it a few times to jump other people at the marina ramp and at home in the winter time. I take it home from the boat and give it a good charge every couple weeks in the summer........it'll lose it's charge if you just let it sit there......

I have a Peak brand jump starter. It would not start a small Mazda a couple winters ago that had a totally dead battery. I would steer clear of those.

I've always been skeptical of the battery packs. However, I pick one up at Sam,s a few months ago and have used it on several occasions. I think it's a Stanley. It has a USB charge port, an air compressor, a light and of course the jumper cables.  Was in Sam's last week and they had them on Clearance for $40 so I bought 3 more for my boys Christmas presents. For $4,88 you can also get the 2 yr warranty. Works for me :)

Well crap don't know how I posted before I was through. Hit tab I think. Any way it has

Light

12 Volt Plug

DC to AC Power Inverter (300 watt)

Got it at Amazon

It holds a charge forever. Only had to charge it once all Winter.

The only drawback is it's a little heavy but I highly recommend it.

Back