Battery not charging while driving

PierceFamilyBenny

Reaction score
Hey! Has anyone has issues with the volt meter reading under 10 while cruising? We put our brand new Benny in the lake last night and noticed the volt meter was real low. We changed it to use both batteries. Just battery one and then just battery two and any way we did it... it didn’t seem like it was charging the way it should. Any idea what’s going on? We have a 22 RCW.

It might be a bad gauge. You can check with a handheld voltmeter, or call your dealer.

I agree with cwag911. A new boat should have had all bugs worked out by dealor before delivery. Sorry you are having this problem.

When they prepped mine they never tightened down the main power cables to the engine.... it actually worked 2 times out but then died at the ramp on the 2nd trip (luckily I was at the ramp and not someplace out on the lake). I was not a happy camper... take it back to the dealer and let them check it out.

Welcome! Sorry you're having an issue but hopefully your dealer will get it straightened out pronto. Post some pictures!

98B0BAAA-4C5D-4FFB-9049-32638DD804A3.jpeg

I use something like this. It stays plugged in right on the helm, in front of my face. I always know the battery power, whether it’s charging under way, or we are sitting with anchor down, listening to music.

Depending on which fish / depth finder you have, you can also have the voltage displayed on it. I had one screen that showed fish graph, water temp, speed, voltage, water depth. Think that was it, but it was the best.

Derrick, my depth/fish finder has also got the voltage on it, but it's too darned small to see. :)

Back