Bennington 2575FS/Solas Amita 4

jmoreland

Reaction score
Well we bought our boat last year and Ive been playing with props the whole time. I tried a new one last night that I think is gonna take the prize. Our boat is a 2001 Bennington 2575FS with a Yamaha F100 four stroke(carb). When we bought the boat it came with a factory Yamaha 13.25x17, way too big, and I could get to 5200 rpms. It also came with a spare Yamaha 15 pitch but it just didn't carry the boat well and I could only get 5400 rpms. I bought a Solas Amita 3, 13.75x13, toward the end of summer and really liked it. I could run 21mph(gps) at 5800 rpms. Then I found a Powertech stainless 3 blade, WBH3 in a 14x11. I ran it and would do about the same, 21 at 6000 rpms. Long story short last week I ordered a Solas  Amita 4 in 13.25x13 from overtons. Went out to an island last night and switched them out. I love this prop! With me, my wife, 2 small kids (4 & 8 year olds), 3/4 tank of fuel and all our junk I could hit 23mph at 5900 rpms. Holeshot was great, turning was great, it just really did well on the boat. My son wanted to tube last night so he put his wetsuit on and jumped in. Did great pulling him too! So I think Im done with the prop testing, at least for a while lol. Ill probably end up selling the powertech now and keeping the Amita 3 for my backup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your persistence payed off.  BTW I have a 2001 Bennington 2275FS w/90 Mercury 2 stroke, it's been a great boat.

Mike31406, I wonder if we have some of the oldest boats on here? We bought ours last year from the original owners. It had been neglected the past 2 or 3 years but we got it all cleaned up and have really enjoyed it.

It actually belongs to my nephew who asked if he could leave it on our covered lift.  In four years he might have used it three or four times.  We had planned on buying a pontoon when we moved here 4 years ago from Savannah, Georgia.  We couldn't turn down his offer.  It's been great for me as other than maintenance and upkeep costs have been minimal.  It is surprisingly good shape for its age, other than the nephews cat scratching up the upholstery in two places it looks very good.  I go over it regularly with 303 which I think contributes to this.  The carpet is intact and presentable but could stand to be replaced.  The outboard runs fine, it has no hour meter so I have no way of knowing what it has on it.  The time I've had it I probably average 40-50 hours a month in season.

Back