Bennington and waves

Turboman

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Newbie from Quebec,we are close to purchase 2250 GBR with esp and verado 200 with dts.we will use this potoon on very large lake with often rough water as 3 feet waves. So what is your experience with your bennie on this type of situation ?

Tks.

Welcome to the party Turbo. We get some large waves on our lake at times and our boat handles them very well for an older toon. You should have no problem with the ESP and the 200. Just remember not to hit the waves head on.

Have had two 22' Benningtons one triple tube and now a 2250 GCW ESP and frequent Lake Sakakawea here in ND "3rd largest man made lake in North America" with lots of wind we often see those waves and like posted earlier if you pick your line they handle them like a dream. The trick is to keep your speed up a bit and you stay up on top of them if going too slow and hit one at the wrong angle you are going to get water over the front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have had two 22' Benningtons one triple tube and now a 2250 GCW ESP and frequent Lake Sakakawea here in ND "3rd largest man made lake in North America behind Powell and Mead" with lots of wind we often see those waves and like posted earlier if you pick your line they handle them like a dream. The trick is to keep your speed up a bit and you stay up on top of them if going too slow and hit one at the wrong angle you are going to get water over the front.

Takes waves fine if waves come over front will bend and dent panels. Had to replace front panel on mine last summer. You have to replace whole rail panel is crimped onto rail poor design should just be able to replace panel just the way it is. Hoss

Tks for your comments so deal is done on this GBR2250 just order it this morning. I used 23f central console with verado 200 for last 2 years but now my Lady request more comfort for ride and fishing so !!!! I hoe we will like it

Yves

Hmmmmm.... mine are held on with dbl sided tape....... :blink:

Watch this ........ Not exactly the same as yours, but they can still handle it ......

I am anxious to see hoe our new boat handles the waives. My 2575 RL was a dream.

My 2075 gli with ESP handles the waves great. The ESP sits really high in the water even with a big load. I have only had water over the front once and it was a big splash, not actual over the bow water. I keep my speed up in rough water and between the ESP center tune and strakes it stays up high enough to go over waves as opposed to through them. You will be very happy:)

Back