Bennington has been a great ride, but,,,,,,

schmeg

Reaction score
Hello all, been here for 2 years now with a 22SFi and we have been very pleased with our Benni. Last fall we made the decision to upgrade to a "retirement" boat and was already to pull the trigger on "R" model. But we just had to go with this one. Only because we were given a deal that was impossible to back away from. I will always come to this forum because of the quality people here and Bennington quality is second to none. Everyone have a great season. Jay.

Sebec3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to see you leave the Bennington, I hope to see you come back someday.

I hope you enjoy your new toon as much as you did your Bennington, well maybe not quite as much .... :)

I hope you don't regret the move, but we all gotta do what we gotta do ......

Enjoy.......

I don't think there will be regrets. There aren't many toons out there that match the quality of Bennington, but we felt the Sanpan was on par. The boat pricing was about the same, it was the trade in allowance that was the deal breaker. Being a Benni is what gave us the edge no doubt. Being an "S" helped too because they are so easy to sell. Godfrey's owners forum is terrible compared to this forum. Lots of experience here, with people willing to give good advise.

schmeg, also sorry to see you go to another brand, but i am sure you will enjoy your Sanpan.

Don't be a stranger, you are still welcome here, besides, i can't wait to hear you complain about getting rid of your Benni! :lol:

schmeg, also sorry to see you go to another brand, but i am sure you will enjoy your Sanpan.

Don't be a stranger, you are still welcome here, besides, i can't wait to hear you complain about getting rid of your Benni! :lol:
I actually do have a first complaint. I paid $400. for a coffee table/cooler and the cooler part is a piece of junk. I can't believe that would be placed on a 47K boat. Also the built in BBQ in the galley rattles at idle. Yeh I'm nit picking, but I am used to a Benni.

And the would of, could of, should of is starting already LOL! Just kidding. Actually, since Bennington discontinued YELLOW, we were just about ready to order a new Premier at the boat show a few months back. Premier offers an upgrade to Flexsteel seating, which is top notch and IMO, the BEST bimini in the biz at 13.5' x 9' tall, yes....that's big. I"m 6'8" and had tons of room under that baby. Bennington has been using the same bimini design for too many years. There are MUCH better designs out there. Time for a change folks. The one thing about the Premier that I just could NOT overlook was their frumpy, dorky, old school helm design with a cheap little cookie cutter plexiglass windscreen......give me a break! A 60K boat with a 1980's helm........wonderful LOL! Bennington trumps everyone with their beautifully sculpted helm design. We just could NOT do it!

OBSERVATION:

When we arrived at the boat show and finally reached the pontoon section, we got up on the docking platform and scoured the area looking for a Bennington display. What did our eyes see........a sea of AARP colored pontoons from every manufacturer / dealer in Michigan. Most of them looked the same from a hundred feet away. What a drab sight. Taupe and tan everywhere with the occasional black or red one off to the side like it was something "special". I guess they were LOL!

When all was said and done, we decided to wait another year for Bennington to come to their senses and bring back a sportier color like YELLOW, or even IVORY, which would be a great color to combine with a colorful graphics package. An IVORYon IVORY boat with a color / colors of choice shatter graphics pkg.......now we're talk'in!

Thanks for waiting on us Ben and Suzy...why not let us customize for you? :)

Good luck with your new boat. They indeed make a very nice boat. To me Bennington style and customer service is what has pulled me to them. The two companies also have a very different styles so what ever you like best is best for you. It was very nice of you to update the board and pass a compliment on to other Benny owners. Congrats and enjoy !

Careful now Ben & Suzy. :) Even though I refuse my AARP credentials, us old guys still like those "old, staid conservative colors" LOL. I do like the yellow though. Not yet ready for these new wild towers and wakeboard speaker systems. Gosh, my kids still laugh at the fact I just learned to "cut and paste" about a year ago. Gerry B)

Gosh, my kids still laugh at the fact I just learned to "cut and paste" about a year ago. Gerry B)
With scissors and glue or on the computer?? As for going with Bennington. I am very glad we did. Looked at other various brands and were not impressed. You can't beat the warranty and customer service as previously stated. I think my blue with the bright aluminum x rails looks really sharp. & classy. I think the boats look cheap once you start getting into the bright red vinyl, yellow over here, bright green gas cap, graphics all over the place... that is something 16 year old kids do to their the cars.

We're the new "middle age" lol. Thank goodness we still have some "kid" left in us. We still love those darn Transformer yellow and metallic green camaros too! Lol !!

Schmeg - Good Luck with your Sanpan!

I guess I like the AARP colors as well. I can't picture my boat with anything but the "mahogany" bimini!

Back