Bennington Shatters the Industry

Let's see, if I took my coffee money everyday and put it in the bank it would probably take me.........oh nevermind, I'll have to get a loan! Love it though! As for the shade thing, have four snaps in the corners, on the underside of the tower, than long 'flaps' that wrap around the tower and velcro to the Bimini,(think like your old school bmx bike that had to attach the handlebar padding) would work easy, easy enough to store under the seats. Done deal, no royalties necessary, can be paid fully and completely with delivery of my Shatter! Haha

Hate to be a spoil sport....but the welds on the top rail right below the tower look like they were caulked. Either a bad fit job, hence the wide weld or they were in a hurry. This would be at eye level at a show and really catch my attention. Most stock Bennys have better welding on them.

Hate to be a spoil sport....but the welds on the top rail right below the tower look like they were caulked. Either a bad fit job, hence the wide weld or they were in a hurry. This would be at eye level at a show and really catch my attention. Most stock Bennys have better welding on them.
Dude, caulking, are you kidding? And if you read the post farther up, you will see the word CONCEPT...that gives us the liberty of messing around with materials and design without making a commitment. It's a "one off", as they say. Not for production. Love that word, CONCEPT! The tower "folds" back in this "conceptual formation". :)

That got TBs attention :lol:

Gotta tell you, kinda excited, TB didn't say yay or nay yet to the Bimini/free Shatter idea yet! Fingers crossed!!! Haha ;)

I meant that the pitiful welding LOOKED like a bad caulk job. I'm sure most people on here took it as that.Usually cxcustom work is a step above production. My comment had nothing to do with the tower, it was the side rails........and when I went back and looked (after enlarging the pic), I stand by my comment.

I think what you are seeing is the forward thinking and innovative ideas that Bennington brings to the pontoon industry. Custom paint jobs, upgraded upholstery, and a tower are certainly not going to be for everyone but I like the way they are pushing the envelope. Keep it coming!!

Good Afternoon Club Members! We have very exciting news for you. This past Monday we unveiled our newest product innovation, "Shatter". It's a 2575 QCW customized from bow to stern. This boat represents where Bennington is headed in styling and how we've shattered the pontoon industry and pontoon stereotypes of "your grandfather's pontoon". You are the first to see Shatter aside from our dealers who attended the unveiling on Monday night. We're going to have the unveiling video on YouTube later today so I'll be back to post the link as soon as it's up. Enjoy and let us know what you think...The interior details and custom paint job are going to be offered in 2012. The sport tower is still conceptual but we are working full steam ahead to be able to offer this option in the near future.

The tower looks nice and I think would be a popular option if you add a top. Southbay has had a tower option with top on their boats for years that adds a nice look/function but is very expensive. Hopefully you guys decide to do it and find a way to make it more affordable.

TB, Awesome job!!! I have a 2011 RCW that I love, but this concept would be the cats meow.

Also, I just heard from my Dealer they are building these starting in December. I can't wait to see the production version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bennington Constructive thoughts for you. Have any of you seen how the Bimini on a Colbalt works???

IMO This would be a KILLER option. If the Bimini could be opend and closed with the flick of the switch you would have that IMO many people would be intrested in. Also you could add the power Bimini to the rear of the tower and fix the Lack of shade on the Rear seats on the QCW.

The Bimini Sides on tracks kind of like how a sun roof opens and closes. If you want to "Shatter" the industry then do somthing or offer somthing that no other pontoon boat company offers.

This idea is Free it's yours if you would like more please send me a New Q2575RCW LOL
Oh I love that idea! Power Bimini would be awesome!

Back