Bennington Warranty Issues

Lakenut

Reaction score
I don't post very often on the forum but have to ask a question. I am on my 2nd Bennington pontoon boat since 2004, I purchased a new GCW 2550 with all the options. I have had to process some warranty claims for different things breaking but now I have sent a list of several things that I need to warranty and my dealer keeps saying that Bennington is behind on claims and parts This has gone on for 6 months or more, it's not just one thing that needs replacing but different parts of the boat. One big thing is the trim gauge doesn't work. Has anybody had this problem with getting warranty parts from Bennington? Yes, I know the Covid problem.

I don't post very often on the forum but have to ask a question. I am on my 2nd Bennington pontoon boat since 2004, I purchased a new GCW 2550 with all the options. I have had to process some warranty claims for different things breaking but now I have sent a list of several things that I need to warranty and my dealer keeps saying that Bennington is behind on claims and parts This has gone on for 6 months or more, it's not just one thing that needs replacing but different parts of the boat. One big thing is the trim gauge doesn't work. Has anybody had this problem with getting warranty parts from Bennington? Yes, I know the Covid problem.
My dealer has said the same thing about parts. Our Bennington is down and will require some potentially extensive wiring and electrical work. They flat out said that whether it ends up being a dealership insurance claim or Bennington warranty claim (they have to determine cause), that they are not at all optimistic about getting parts for the repairs and they are not optimistic about getting it back to me this season.

I want to hope they are wrong, but just reading what you have above reinforces what I am hearing from mine too…and not in a good way. :(

From what I keep hearing in general is this situation is going to take some time to work thru. Covid messed up allot of industries and is struggling to get back to normal. Parts are tough to get for all kinds of things. Not just boats. Sad Day!! But we will get thru this as well.:)

Maybe just a phone call to Bennington? I had a warranty issue that the dealer said Bennington would not cover but after my wife's discussion with Bennington they processed the claim. Understand the reasons and situations and ask them how you can get back on the water in the quickest way.

Back