Bennys with Sea Legs

Off Call

Reaction score
My boat should be arriving soon and I am looking at adding these. I need some advice or shall I say info. Our new boat will be a 2575 RCW with ESP, tower and Yami 350. Does anyone have these installed? If so how do you like them? Did they have to take wave shield off to install, and if so do you notice the water hitting the underside of deck? Is there any drag, if so how much? Do you notice much drop off in performance with the added 385-500 lbs? These seem like a great concept. Also any using the Hewitt Pontoon Legs, if so how do you like them? A lot of questions but this would be a major upgrade to add. Thanks guys!!

I have them on my 2275 RL, but do not have ESP or wave shield. I do not notice drag or spray hitting the under deck. The wave shield would make installation a challenge, and if it were possible to install over the wave shield, you would not be able to remove the wave shield without first removing the sea legs. Be sure to check your boat specs with repect to the distance between the tubes, a certain amount of clearance is required. Having said all of that, I am really enjoying the sea legs. I would definitely buy them again.

Off Call,

Great question! I am also considering adding sea legs to mine when it comes in. My dealer told me the wave shield would have to be removed but they haven't had any problems with the boats that have the shield off. I am reluctant due to the price my dealer gave me ($9180 installed) but have found other dealers charging around ($7k for the triple tube version). I have the ESP package as well. I am waiting to hear back from my dealer to see if they will come down on their price before making a decision.

I have a 2012 - 2275RCW Merc 225 verado with the ESP package, ordered the Sea Legs and when they arrived at the dealer to install they would not fit between the toons because of the eliptical center toon.

I ended up going with the Hewitt pontoon legs, the Hewitt legs are a smaller diameter than the Sea Legs and fit with no problem with the ESP package. They do have to remove the wave shields so that they can bolt the legs directly to the cross beams of the deck and run all of the hydrolic lines, but they only need to remove the portion of sheild where the legs attach, the rest of the sheilds at the front and back of the deck can stay in place.

I have not noticed any drag or water hitting the bottom of the deck and no noticable reduction in performance.

I would highly reccoment the Hewitt legs, its awesome pulling up to the pier and pressing the button on the wireless key fob and lifting the boat out of the water. There is also a wired control at the helm that has an LED readout showing the position of the legs as you raise and lower them.

I have a 2012 - 2275RCW Merc 225 verado with the ESP package, ordered the Sea Legs and when they arrived at the dealer to install they would not fit between the toons because of the eliptical center toon.

I ended up going with the Hewitt pontoon legs, the Hewitt legs are a smaller diameter than the Sea Legs and fit with no problem with the ESP package. They do have to remove the wave shields so that they can bolt the legs directly to the cross beams of the deck and run all of the hydrolic lines, but they only need to remove the portion of sheild where the legs attach, the rest of the sheilds at the front and back of the deck can stay in place.

I have not noticed any drag or water hitting the bottom of the deck and no noticable reduction in performance.

I would highly reccoment the Hewitt legs, its awesome pulling up to the pier and pressing the button on the wireless key fob and lifting the boat out of the water. There is also a wired control at the helm that has an LED readout showing the position of the legs as you raise and lower them.
MT,

Thanks for the input. I spoke with my dealer today who actually has the owner of Benningtons old boat in their showroom with sea legs installed. I am heading over next week to take a look. Its great to hear all are enjoying them and are not noticing any performance issues with them installed. I will give update next week. Also Mt if you don't mind how do the Hewitts compare in price? I was quoted 7000 installed for sea legs.

Well, It's official I added the Sea legs. I hope I don't regret will be an awful expensive regret!!!! Boat comes in this Fri, takes roughly 20 hours for install. No rush we still have a good 6 inches of snow on ground!!

Back