Best tow vehicles

My tow vehicle for the new Bennington is a phone call to the dealer to come put it in the water and another to take it out!!!

I use the same tow vehicle! LOL :D

Sierra Denali 4x4 with the 6.2 tows fine around town but on the highway over 70 mph it sucks down the gas...its like pulling a huge parachute. Although we hardly tow since were on the water unless were heading to the St. Johns river or different lakes.

Attachments

• pontoon.jpg
    pontoon.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 17
2017 F150 Lariat 3.5T Ecoboost FX4 SuperCrew: BullyDog 93Oct tune, water/meth injection and 89/90 Oct in the tank (104 Octane combined)
Likes: Pulls the '18 23SPDXP no problem, vented seats, turbos
Dislikes: it's a 1/2-ton so gets a little wiggly when wind blows, otherwise love it!

Sierra Denali 4x4 with the 6.2 tows fine around town but on the highway over 70 mph it sucks down the gas...its like pulling a huge parachute. Although we hardly tow since were on the water unless were heading to the St. Johns river or different lakes.

Forgive the highjack for a sec, but is the St. Johns worth a trip over? It looks great from the google earth, but not sure what it's actually like on the surface.

Tuning is such a difference, any est. on HP?
2017 F150 Lariat 3.5T Ecoboost FX4 SuperCrew: BullyDog 93Oct tune, water/meth injection and 89/90 Oct in the tank (104 Octane combined)
Likes: Pulls the '18 23SPDXP no problem, vented seats, turbos
Dislikes: it's a 1/2-ton so gets a little wiggly when wind blows, otherwise love it!

Tuning is such a difference

Your telling me!! My new truck is completely stock, I’m sure it’ll be fine towing the boat but the old one was 507hp to the rear wheels. Darn warranties!!

Tuning is such a difference, any est. on HP?
Bulldog dyno sheet showed 412whp/530trq, and the meth injection is supposed to add 5%. I figure it's putting down around 425/550 at the wheels and it definitely feels like it empty and in sport mode =D

That's rockin!

Forgive the highjack for a sec, but is the St. Johns worth a trip over? It looks great from the google earth, but not sure what it's actually like on the surface.

I love a river trip a couple times a year. We put in at Ed stone park/ramp of hwy 44 and its about a hour and a half cruise to the Silver glen (spring) on Lake George...crystal clear water in the glen and water is always 72 degrees or something close to that. There is a sandbar down the middle of the glen to hangout and tie up at. About a hour into the cruise you run into Astor, Florida and there is a great restaurant on the water to have lunch and bathroom break and watch all the boats come by before heading up the glen.

There are other springs on the river too as its huge but the route we like is probably only run 25 miles of it each way.

https://goo.gl/maps/7efruL3gDGn

Back