Big time Newb question....PAD'S?

DougandMichelle

Reaction score
I've searched and searched and I'm sure I'll be like "duh" after you guys tell me but I gotta ask...

What does "PAD'S" stand for?

Post ? ? Syndrome

Pre ? ? Syndrome

? After Deal Syndrome

There is a member on here who bought a new bennington, then sold it shortly after and bought another nicer model, then sold that one with 20 hours on it and bought another one. His name is Derrick thus PAD was born. "Pulled a Derrick" This is a term used to describe an individual who has a nice bennington, and then gets another. There are a few of us on here that had a new bennington for a year or so, then ordered another one. I started with a 2013 sslx and sold it after 5 months of use and ordered a 2014 24 sslx as we wanted some better performance. Jack is another one on here who suffers from this expensive disease!

At least mine had 50 hours on it ,before I was infected .

That is now 4 orders ( 2 boats )  in less than a year though .

The time between signing for the first one when it came in and our second when it arrived was a little under 10 months. But in that time we put 51 hours on it. Seems like a trend on when to trade up, the 50 hour mark! I guess that would make sense, 50 American hours is probably similar to 20 hours in Canada for Derrick.

I am trying to prevent it from happening but it is not working very well !! 

My boat has about 60 hrs on it and about 8 months old!!

Looking for more performance also..

Do we need to order more of these ?

Perhaps we can get a quantity discount .

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no!  I sure hope I don't catch PAD'S!  Lol.  Thanks guys.

There are worse things you can catch, that's for sure! This is probably the only disease that will benefit your friends and family's lives!

This forum is great, thanks everyone for your input regarding the 250hp question. Your response have helped me make my decision. Also, Newb thanks for asking what is a PAD's. I had no idea. But i will soon be a PAD's as I plan on ordering my this week.   

I honestly don't think I'll catch PAD's.  I'm really happy with my choice and am dying to take her out on Skiatook Lake.  Gonna be awesome.

same here doug, mine came in on oct 11th and I barely got about 11 hrs clock time, then the weather turned sour enough that I didn't try to go out. windy mostly., but, I am really impressed and very happy happy happy with my first benni !!!! mine is the fishing moidel and I'm still setting her up the way I want, rod holders etc, Honda gen on order, spare tires, just little things I guess. then hopefully I can do some serious fishing this spring !!!

HAHA, Oh Doug and Michelle, so cute, NONE of us thought we'd catch it, and we were happy with our boat, but the allure, the desire, the craftsmanship, it always calls out to you when the new models roll out!! Not only am I a member of PAD's, I am its namesake, and I wear my badge proudly!! haha, Welcome to the forum, you'll love it here!

So that is what I got, my wife called it something else

This should be good...

While "Pulling a Derrick" is one way to define PAD, I also like, "Pontoon Acquisition Disorder." Seems to fit well. Might be in the book of psychiatric disorders, too! If so, your medical insurance may cover the therapy. Whatever that might be!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, she didn't use any foul language.  It is a disease that is hard to convey to those who haven't experienced it.  She wont let me go to a boat show without a sponsor - LOL  

50 hours and I am contemplating about becoming the newest member of PAD society ....

Well you are at the 50 hour mark. That is usually when you start to have the symptoms of this illness.

We'll see how bad mine is at the end of this weekend. If I start talking trade with another brand I'll know I have some kind of disease! Be it PAD's or just plain insane.

Back