Bimini repair

Whitey 4

Reaction score
I have a 2017 SX21 and just noticed that the Bimini has a 1" slit near one of the supports. I don't want the slight tear to grow, so has anyone ever "patched" a small cut like this and if so what did you use? I've seen Bish's tear repair and a few other things that patch canvas but wasn't sure what works the best? Thanks

I have a 2017 SX21 and just noticed that the Bimini has a 1" slit near one of the supports. I don't want the slight tear to grow, so has anyone ever "patched" a small cut like this and if so what did you use? I've seen Bish's tear repair and a few other things that patch canvas but wasn't sure what works the best? Thanks
It should be covered under warranty. Check to see if your dealer can just get you a replacement.

if not covered under warranty, take it off and take it to an upholstery shop and have them sew the slit with a small backer patch installed.

if not covered under warranty, take it off and take it to an upholstery shop and have them sew the slit with a small backer patch installed.

+1 on the canvas shop (if warranty doesnt cover it). Some critter chewed a hole on each side of ours near the curves in the frame when it was closed up in its cover. The shop sewed a patch over the 2 holes - they look like reinforcements now- and only charged me $35.

Last edited:
I have had my Bimini and the cover for it replaced for small rips. It takes awhile to get them but no problem under warranty.

Back