Bimini Storage Boot (Cover) Issues

Jetrep136

Reaction score
Curious if anyone else has experienced similar problems with their bimini storage covers.  On my 2013 2375 GCW I have had issues with the seam between the cover and zippers splitting apart.  I have the double bimini's on our boat and have had my dealer repaired the rear storage boot once for the seam issue.  Last season the repaired rear cover seam split apart again, and the front storage cover also separated at the zipper seam.

My dealer was able to get both covers replaced under warranty over the winter.  Installed the new covers over this past weekend and just discovered last night that the new rear storage cover now also has a seam split.

Neither storage covers are that tight around the biminis when being zipped up, and I am taking reasonable precautions / care when putting them on.   As I say, just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue.     

Forward Bimini Cover #1A.jpg

Forward Bimini Cover #2A.jpg

Our bimini cover is almost 9 years old and no problems. Maybe a bad batch of thread? Tell your dealer to keep getting you new ones till they last.

Thankfully the Warranty is There For You 

One of The Biggest Selling Points of Bennington was the Construction and Warranty 

325px-Pittsburgh_downtown_skylinenight.jpg

yes  I have the exact same problem   new cover   splitting at the zipper seam    I am waiting to see if the dealer will get it replaced under warranty

yes  I have the exact same problem   new cover   splitting at the zipper seam    I am waiting to see if the dealer will get it replaced under warranty
7 year warranty. Is yours the same color as the OP?

I just turned in a warranty claim for the very same thing.

I have burgundy double bimini's and all okay so far. 

My boot cover is black  same color as top 

Just noticed today. I have seams that are separating  ( mooring cover ) . I will see the dealer next week ,before I put the 303 on 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve got the same problem on my 2012 qcw. Had it fixed by the dealer 3 times and this year it is unrepairable. Looking to get a new one but my Bennington dealer never returns calls. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement that is OEM?

Just had mine replaced over the winter for the same thing on 2017 R.

A Bennington Dealer is your only source for OEM .

Back