Bimini top light

Need help I don't know what I am doing wrong cant get led light to come on Bimini top
From what I remember, there is a button to turn them on when the nav lights are on. If they still don't come on, switch the wires where they connect at the bimini rail. Leds only work withthe proper polarity.

I made the same silly mistake. Kept pushing that button on the Bimini strut.....no lights. Finally figured out that either the nav lights or anchor light needs to be engaged before the Bimini lights will work.

Nav light switch is 3 position. Push forward for all green, red, and stern running lights... Push the switch to the bottom, and only the white stern Bimini top lite will come on. This is called the anchor light position. If you are anchored, you DO NOT want your bow red and green lights on. This is only for when you are under power.

Hope this helps

Todd

Question, does every Bennington Bimini have the stem light? If so, does this mean you can more easily add LED lights under the top? I have seen this as an option on some models. Thanks.

Question, does every Bennington Bimini have the stem light? If so, does this mean you can more easily add LED lights under the top? I have seen this as an option on some models. Thanks.
That light is required by law. It is a navigation light. I don’t know enough about electrical work, if it makes it easier to put inLED lights on the bimini. But what i do know is in 40+ years of boating i have never gone out at night with the top open.

Yes, that’s your stern or “anchor” light. The Bimini leds work off a switch on the arm of the bimini. I think the nav/anchor light must be on for the leds to light. I see comments about not opening Bimini at night, but if it started to rain, I’d have mine open. Also, just having the lighting option would cause you to open the Bimini at night if you want to use them.

If it rains i go in fast, top down. And I go out at night to see the stars not the top of my bimini.

That light is required by law. It is a navigation light. I don’t know enough about electrical work, if it makes it easier to put inLED lights on the bimini. But what i do know is in 40+ years of boating i have never gone out at night with the top open.
Thanks. I prefer top down at night, but looking for easy options to get some light in the boat. I take delivery Friday, so I will check with dealer.

Yes, that’s your stern or “anchor” light. The Bimini leds work off a switch on the arm of the bimini. I think the nav/anchor light must be on for the leds to light. I see comments about not opening Bimini at night, but if it started to rain, I’d have mine open. Also, just having the lighting option would cause you to open the Bimini at night if you want to use them.
Agree. Thanks for the feedback. I am going to ask dealer. Looking for some simple LED upgrades I can do myself.

Back