Bimini Top Question

Royo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to add a 2nd bimini top to the existing configuration? After using our new 2275GCW several times we found often everyone gathered under the bimini, which quickly got crowded. To install a factory top you have to remove the original top and add a second frame then install 2 new bimini tops that zip together.

My question then, is there an aftermarket bimini that can be installed independent of the one that came on the boat that will work and look OK.

Thanks,

Royo

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if it is possible to add a 2nd bimini top to the existing configuration? After using our new 2275GCW several times we found often every gathered under the bimini, which quickly got crowded. To install a factory top you have to remove the original top and add a second frame then install 2 new bimini tops that zip together.

My question then, is there an aftermarket bimini that can be installed independent of the one that came on the boat that will work and look OK.

Thanks,

Royo
Try this The Bimini Buddy Might be what you're looking for and not as expensive as factory.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Boat shop added our second bimini, look like the factory install.

Sun Country Marine Ontario Ca.

Pictures in the Gallery

RiverBill

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a 2nd bimini top to the existing configuration? After using our new 2275GCW several times we found often everyone gathered under the bimini, which quickly got crowded. To install a factory top you have to remove the original top and add a second frame then install 2 new bimini tops that zip together.

Thanks,

Royo
I bought a left 2011 and the dealer is ordering me the extra top. 1000 I believe.

I found out that they order all the metal parts & material from Bennington. Then they have a local canvass shop cut and sew to fit!

RiverBill

Try this The Bimini Buddy Might be what you're looking for and not as expensive as factory.
I checked The Bimini Buddy website and also found a video on utube. I talked to the owner and he sent a fabric swatch, which matched very well and I ordered one this morning. The price was $549 and no shipping. When we install it and see how it works I will post pictures.

Royo

I checked The Bimini Buddy website and also found a video on utube. I talked to the owner and he sent a fabric swatch, which matched very well and I ordered one this morning. The price was $549 and no shipping. When we install it and see how it works I will post pictures.

Royo
I'm interested in seeing how you like it and how it fits compared to factory. Let us know.

Back