Bimini warning

Can anyone explain to me how the silver spacer works for the new Bimini mounts or will it make sense when I try it.
Here are some pics and a drawing. The aluminum piece has a black plastic piece that sits inside its curve. It is bolted inside bracket toIMG_3436.jpg IMG_3435.jpg IMG_3432.jpg IMG_3430.jpg IMG_3433.jpg IMG_3428.jpg IMG_3427.jpg IMG_3425.jpg rail like drawing. The black curved foot on end of bimini leg gets interlocked when you align slots with cross pin.

Thank you for the pictures and drawing it makes sense now. Hopefully I can get the parts sorted out before summer is over

Thank you for the pictures and drawing it makes sense now. Hopefully I can get the parts sorted out before summer is over
Glad I could help. Just remember that you need to install parts in proper direction (forward or rearward) so it cannot unlock when bimini is being used.(wind could lift tops) You actually swing bimini beyond normal range to align slots. Very clever and secure design that still allows quick removal of frame if needed without tools. (For front bimini, you fold legs well towards rear (stern) to align slot for install/removal and rear bimini just opposite.)

Last edited:
Back