Bit of a Rant on dealing with used boat sellers...my experience

fiddlebick

Reaction score
I started looking at used boats back in February and found one I liked in Ohio, 5 hrs away. Offered to buy this boat sight unseen due to its one year age, and the pics. The guy accepted my offer but said he couldn't get the boat out of storage till the spring. Fine. That was the first and only time we talked. He refused to answer any following texts or calls. What the heck? He wouldn't take money down, said that my word was good enough and he was right about that. Guess his word didn't mean anything however. The next boat I wanted to buy was a repeat story. Again out of state and further away, but he accepted my offer and assured me my word was fine and I could have the boat when it came out of storage...then he stalled since the boat he wanted to buy fell thru. Said he stay in touch, but he won't respond to me. Both of these boats had been on marketplace since the fall, so I know they wanted to sell? Neither of these boats were bennington owners, maybe thats why they had no honor! Benny owners are the best.

I started looking at used boats back in February and found one I liked in Ohio, 5 hrs away. Offered to buy this boat sight unseen due to its one year age, and the pics. The guy accepted my offer but said he couldn't get the boat out of storage till the spring. Fine. That was the first and only time we talked. He refused to answer any following texts or calls. What the heck? He wouldn't take money down, said that my word was good enough and he was right about that. Guess his word didn't mean anything however. The next boat I wanted to buy was a repeat story. Again out of state and further away, but he accepted my offer and assured me my word was fine and I could have the boat when it came out of storage...then he stalled since the boat he wanted to buy fell thru. Said he stay in touch, but he won't respond to me. Both of these boats had been on marketplace since the fall, so I know they wanted to sell? Neither of these boats were bennington owners, maybe thats why they had no honor! Benny owners are the best.
Why couldn't either buyer get their boat out of storage?!? If I made a sale I would bend over backwards to complete it!

Why couldn't either buyer get their boat out of storage?!? If I made a sale I would bend over backwards to complete it!
I store mine at the dealer ,the way they are packed in some you can't even get to .I went through that with my RCW

I store mine at the dealer ,the way they are packed in some you can't even get to .I went through that with my RCW
Yup, my dealer said once it’s in storage you won’t see it till spring. Now, I do know in my situation, they would get mine if need be as they pull mine last and goes in first so it’s probably just inside the door.

That Sucks! And still no boat. Maybe a Bennington is coming your way next. Worth the wait!

Back