Blown away

Big Bernie

Reaction score
Almost no sleep for past two night in anticipation of my new 22SSRX delivered today to Lake Arrowhead. The dealer sent a very nice and capable young man to show me the ropes. This is the first pontoon style boat that I have ever owned or have even boarded. I gave up my 22ft Sea Ray because Our lake can get choppy and I was tired of the bumpy ride. I put the tritoon into gear, gave it some acceleration and boy was I  amazed, just awesome smooth ride across the lake. It was like riding in a big plush luxury European car with lots of smooth acceleration. I was told it would be a great ride , fact is it was better even than I expected.  I am thrilled with the purchase!!

Big Bernie

Good to hear. Welcome!

Welcome to the Bennington family! I know you won't regret. I also grew up around a Sea Ray and loved it. But I grew up and love the ride of my 2550 RCW. We can go to dinner,no matter the chop. ENJOY!

Welcome to the forum Bernie! 

So you've never ridden in a pontoon boat unti you bought yours? You took a big chance eh?!? What if you didn't like it?

Congrats Bernie.

So you've never ridden in a pontoon boat unti you bought yours? You took a big chance eh?!? What if you didn't like it?

Hehe, I had never ridden in one, owned a boat, driven a boat, and bought my first one sight unseen! It's been a heck of a journey since then! Only thing I didn't like is I didn't buy enough motor the first time.  

Congrats! Good to have another on board! 

Ditto Bulldog ! Welcome Big Bernie! It is a great ride, 

I was the same way. You all on here sold me on the bennifits of a Bennington.

A big congrats to you! Are you ashamed of it? Where are the pics? We love pics on this site. :D

Doesn't matter.  :D   Got it, likes it, thrilled with it. B)   No offense to Big K of course.

Welcome and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed many of the boats on our lake were now Toons and figured there must be a good reason. Turns out there is very many reasons first and foremost the ride and the room. I would never buy just an old pontoon but having A sitting in  the living room  type setting that smoothly cruises 40 mph changes everything. I trusted several people's word and I could not wait to Summer to make the purchase. Aim hooked!

Big Bernie

Welcome to the Bennington family! I know you won't regret. I also grew up around a Sea Ray and loved it. But I grew up and love the ride of my 2550 RCW. We can go to dinner,no matter the chop. ENJOY!

Thanks 1Blderbob, tomorrow will be the wife's maiden voyage and she's willing to go out in 40 degree weather. That's not normal...

Big Bernie

I picked up a 22SSRX also this year, it is an awesome difference from the 19' Ebbtide.  I was out last week and it was pretty busy for early season, I was out chasing the wake, hitting them from all angles just to check out how it handles the different waves.  It is such a drastic difference in boating.  Now the family will be more comfortable and get back to enjoying boating, they too were tired of the glass pounding we were getting.  Plus, our aging parents can walk right on for a nice leisurely cruise.  It was a trick getting them down into the old boat.  That is another benefit over glass too, you don't have to go fast all the time, (or so i'm told) that will keep momma happy, and y'all know the old saying about momma being happy.       

I picked up a 22SSRX also this year, it is an awesome difference from the 19' Ebbtide.  I was out last week and it was pretty busy for early season, I was out chasing the wake, hitting them from all angles just to check out how it handles the different waves.  It is such a drastic difference in boating.  Now the family will be more comfortable and get back to enjoying boating, they too were tired of the glass pounding we were getting.  Plus, our aging parents can walk right on for a nice leisurely cruise.  It was a trick getting them down into the old boat.  That is another benefit over glass too, you don't have to go fast all the time, (or so i'm told) that will keep momma happy, and y'all know the old saying about momma being happy.       

That's exactly why we made the switch.  I loved my little 21' Malibu Wakeboard boat but after 9 years of pounding decided to make the change.  I have two buddies that have pontoons (Playcraft and Excursion) and being on their boats numerous times helped seal the deal.  Now, when I approach a wake I accelerate through it instead of having to back off on the throttle.  Makes boating so much more enjoyable now.

Back