Boat arrived! But wrong.

SamF

Reaction score
Man. We ordered a new boat and have been so psyched waiting for it's arrival. Unfortunately it came in wrong.

We ordered it with the X rails right before the new models were introduced - essentially making it the SLX . We really like the look much better than the standard SL (and cannot quite spring for the more expensive series boats). But sadly the boat came with the standard SL rails.

The only solution is to wait another month for a new boat to be built. We are in Florida and do have year round boating (huzzah!) but the idea of waiting even an additional month is disappointing.

Part of the reason for getting the boat is to enjoy with my mother who has dementia. Who knows what tomorrow will bring with her.

I guess that kInd of puts the matter of boat cosmetics in perspective doesn't it?

I guess we'll be taking delivery anyway.

Sam F

Well Sam, sorry to hear about that. Sometimes these things happen, especially when model changes get implemented.

We have the SLi, and love the layout and interior styling, as i am sure you will as well, the x rails where not an option when we got ours, and the wife won't let me order a new one just for that! :D

The option is still there to wait for what you wanted, but i can see the sense of urgency with mom's condition. I know she will get much pleasure cruising in your new boat whether it has x rails or not, and i hope the best for her :)

Whatever you decide, keep us posted, and put up some pics when you get a chance!

Wow, bummer on that. Maybe the dealer can throw in a couple small upgrades for the error. I would bet Bennington built what was "ordered" from the dealer.

We were only going to go with the x rails after our dealer told us we could order them, other than that we would have went standard when we were first looking.

Just take it and enjoy it with your mother, plus just think of the time you'll save cleaning the exterior not having to wash around those rails !! ;)

Wait the 30 days you will be so glad you did big difference

Time will fly by an you will have what you wanted

Check the gallery on my SLX I love it

Ron :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came in alttle wrong too, I ordered the Chrome Logos

and got the plastic ones but I kept it...

Don't think I would have if it didn't have X Rails makes

for one beautiful boat

The chrome logos would have dressed her up some..but oh well

Ron

Stuff happens. I lost my mom in May, you still have time with yours. Enjoy it while you can.

That's a tough call... wanting to have quality time while your mom can still enjoy it with you or waiting another month for the boat the way you wanted it... As hard nose as it seems, I think i would wait and get the boat that I really wanted. Nothing wrong with the boat that has been delivered, but if you really wanted it with the other rails, then I'd be tempted to wait. I temper what I just stated by saying if mom's dementia is progressing rapidly, then maybe I keep the boat delivered. Sorry, I know I was of no help... Hope your mother does well.... and don't forget to post some pics of which ever boat you end up with...

Roland

Maybe your dealer can provide a loaner while you wait?

Sorry to hear about your mom cwag911. We are making the most of our time together. She is healthy except for her cognition and memory - trying to enjoy what time we have!

Thanks all for chiming in on this. We did not want to feel like we were compromising on the boat in the long run.

The dealer owner spoke with Bennington today and they are going to get a new boat to us within the next couple of weeks. WooHoo!

Thank you Bennington! So we will have the boat we ordered and sooner than a month from now. That is a happy ending!

Mom is excited too :D

Pics will be forthcoming . . . .

Bennington comes through again .... What more can be said about this company ????

Glad it worked out for you !!

Update:

The dealer was great. Contacted Bennington and got a new one built and got it to us very quickly. They delivered it on Tuesday. Big thanks to Ingman Marine in the Pt. Charlotte, FL area for bending over backwards to make their customers happy. And we are.

Wow, less than a month. Bennington seems to shine every time ..... Congrats and can't wait for pics.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your mom cwag911. We are making the most of our time together. She is healthy except for her cognition and memory - trying to enjoy what time we have!

Thanks all for chiming in on this. We did not want to feel like we were compromising on the boat in the long run.

The dealer owner spoke with Bennington today and they are going to get a new boat to us within the next couple of weeks. WooHoo!

Thank you Bennington! So we will have the boat we ordered and sooner than a month from now. That is a happy ending!

Mom is excited too :D

Pics will be forthcoming . . . .

Back