Boat covers

Debbie T

Reaction score
image.png image.png My husband and I are getting our Bennington on Friday. We are in our mid 60's and just got the dock installed. Our condo is on the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. I was going to get a touch less boat cover with a remote. I have attached a pic. The reasons we liked this so that with a remote our boat will be covered or uncovered in 60 seconds. My fear is of trying to attach a boat cover and falling in the lake. The condo association is saying the board has to review it as they are worrying about the blocking of the wind. Any suggestions or experiences you may have good/bad would be most helpful! Thank you so much!

I don't have one but see many here on the lake. I've never had a problem covering or uncovering the boat and have never fallen in the water. I'll be 68 in a couple of months. I would love to have one of those touchless covers though.

I am from Missouri also and boat on Truman Lake. I see several of these touchless at my Marina. I personally would not have one. I have seen birds make a mess of boats that get under the cover. The covers because they are out in the elements continually tend to get really dirty. I like my Bennington cover better as it keeps the spiders out better. This is just my personal opinion. Good luck with what ever you choose.

If anyone had a type of cover that they recommend, please let me know! Thanks so much!

Last edited:
A guy that I play racquetball with has one on our lake and he loves it. He's had it for a couple years and says ......so far so good.

Wait a minute, did you say racquetball? I didn't think there were any courts left in the US.:)
Yup play Mon, Wed, and Friday at our local YMCA with a good group of guys of varying talent. It only has 2 courts. Had 3 courts in Virginia. One was a full time Challenge court. You win you keep playing!

Back