Boat hasn't moved.....

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Our boat hasn't moved in a week........wife is out of town and she'll be gone another week. It's a Team thing for us. We both have our jobs to do to prepare to take the boat out or to put it away. You all know the drill. Rarely go out w/out each other...........until yesterday!

I was working on the boat trailer removing the old bunks. During a break (and I take lots of them) I walked down to the boat. Next thing you know the cover was off, the blower was on, started it up and..........Gone!

Cruised a bit and went to a No Wake zone cove, anchored and got in and started cleaning the ring around the tubes and the crap on the outdrive that accumulated in only a week! Keeping the boat in the water for the first time is more work than I thought........

That cover is so much easier and faster to snap on....... with 2 people. Ha!

But still worth it for 1 person as long as it results in being on the boat. 

As I have said before, I cover all alone most of the time; I do not hurry it nor look at it as a chore.  I stop and dangle my legs in the water and take a couple of hits off my Mich Ultra as I look around at the beauty of the lake.  Love living at the lake [notice this time I did not say Love Lakeliving as you all are too quick to jump to a conclusion]

When it's just me, I usually ride the Waverunner @ 10 mpg.  It's much cheaper than running the tritoon @ 4.5 mpg.

I also enjoy getting back in all the sloughs and backwater nosing around.  I found a guy the other day with a 50' Sea Ray (diesels) as a first boat and a 40' Cigarette as a backup. 

I still cannot figure out who affords the hundreds of houses on our lake between 6,000 and 28,000 square feet.  Ultra expensive houses are everywhere with a 100' lot running $250K alone. And new fixed boathouses with concrete decks average $60K for a single and $100K for a double--not including the seawall.

Daril - Glad you were brave enough to take the boat out alone.  It's certainly a team effort when we go out.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it's just me, I usually ride the Waverunner @ 10 mpg. It's much cheaper than running the tritoon @ 4.5 mpg.

I also enjoy getting back in all the sloughs and backwater nosing around. I found a guy the other day with a 50' Sea Ray (diesels) as a first boat and a 40' Cigarette as a backup.

I still cannot figure out who affords the hundreds of houses on our lake between 6,000 and 28,000 square feet. Ultra expensive houses are everywhere with a 100' lot running $250K alone. And new fixed boathouses with concrete decks average $60K for a single and $100K for a double--not including the seawall.
Same here Bamaman.......there are so many mansions/huge homes on this lake it always makes you wonder what these people do for a living and how many people actually live there. Charlotte is a big banking center and a lot of the executives have homes on the lake as well as NASCAR drivers and members of the Carolina Panthers and Charlotte Hornets......There is a waterfront lot for sale in our neighborhood 4 lots down from where we keep our boat. .75 acres, 170 feet of shoreline, a brand new 24x36 boathouse.........$695000. Beautiful lot but.........$695000?!? C'mon......

Last edited by a moderator:
Daril - Glad you were brave enough to take the boat out alone.  It's certainly a team effort when we go out.
You've been on our boat Dan. You see what we do. (Everybody on this forum goes through a similar process) You have helped out a lot every time you've been onboard. We appreciate it!

Back