Boat lift

jfluhr18

Reaction score

So after 10 years of trailering our boats, my wife convinced me that we needed a slip so I finally broke down and got a lift also to keep the Benny clean.  The lift I purchased was for a v bottom so I did the work to convert it to fit my tri-toon.  Let me tell you, converting these are more work than I thought but I'm glad I did it!!

After the Benny was settled in we went for a cruise and kids broke out our new Lily Pad.

I like it.  Great job.  Wish I had something similar instead of trailering 35 miles each way to the lake. 

Are the kids driving the boat for the picture? lol

Good job on the lift and nice pics guys!

Sunnyside360...........is there a marina you can keep your boat at at the lake........beats a 70 mile round trip...............

Bama Kat--Its nice having friends and family that know how to drive the boat also.  The wife will not learn so my brother takes the controls when I want a break!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you buy the Lily pad? Pros, cons? Do you use it on the Mississippi? I know lot of questions. I'm curious how you haul the LP too.

I have one  we dont use .No place to store it and not convenient for travel ,to and from the marina .Wife loves it but a PIA

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I'm afraid of and why I have not pulled the trigger. Thanks for the input.

Rockie69--I just purchased the Lily Pad a few weeks ago on Lily Pads online store.  They are pricey but the wife wanted it so I pulled the trigger.  We did use it on the Mississippi but only in the backwaters or where there is not much current.  So far the kids love it and once the river is back to normal levels I think the adults will get some use out of it also.  I will give you an update once we use it a few time with pros & cons.  One con I have so far is that the material is not as strong as I would have hoped for as we already have a few small abrasions on it from transportation.  As far as storing it, I ratchet it down on the extended transom swim deck and leave it there.  I wish I had photos but I also had a local shop extend the cover to cover the swim deck so while in the slip it is under the cover protected from elements and thieves I hope.  Next time I am at the dock I will nap photos of the set up.   

Back