boat registration number

ct0218

Reaction score
My NC registration number should be arriving any day now, 2 weeks this Friday since it was mailed to Raleigh. Just curious if anyone has had any problems with their Domed Numbers? I'm sure those of you infected with PADS aren't concerned that the estimated life of the chrome finish is 5 years, you'll just buy a new Bennington. I plan on keeping mine more than year or two, and trying to get the deteriorated ones off down the road is something I would rather not tackle. The painted have a 7-10 year life, but I like the chrome. So, how are they looking after the two years +/- they have been in use?

I plan on ordering them ( Domed Numbers )as soon as the dealer registers my boat ( no hurry ) .

If they do last only 5 years thats $14 a year including shipping 

I had Domed Numbers on my Malibu ski boats for many years. Never a problem with them.

Dealer sent us our vinyl ones with registration the other day. For us the fancy reg numbers isn't a big deal. Hopefully you get many years out of them.

Lakeliving, our dealer put them on before we went to pick up the boat, just plain white block letters.  I had read about the domed ones and was kind of planning on ordering them.  After seeing the plain block letters on the boat I decided I liked them.  The bright white looks good as the contrast to my Matador Red.  I have a feeling they will really pop on that Regatta Blue

We requested silver like we had on the old boat and thought it looked sharp. I love white on red though. The dune buggy is red with white wheels.

Mine were black vinyl last year ,that is why I want to try the chrome 

I have the chrome ones on my current boat.  The only thing I notice from time to time is that, since the boat panels are not completely smooth, the registration decals sometimes don't stick very well to the low spots on the panels.  They look great though!

Thats a good point about the panels not being flat ,I had never thought about that .

Maybe I will stick with the vinyl .

On my original boat in 2010 [a 1998 SeaArk, but we still loved it!] we had our name built on vinyl from someone on the internet and shipped to us.  When I put it on I did have some concern about peeling on the edges.  One of our neighbors told us that when he put one on his dirt bike he used clear fingernail polish and coated the edges.  I did it and the edges never pealed but WARNING - you do see and notice the glossiness of the finger nail polish, not acceptable on my Benny

I had plain vinyl cut at my inlaws store on the first one, worked well. I've had domed numbers on the last two. As for longevity, well I think we know I'm not the best person to answer that question. Never had any edge peeling though.

I had plain vinyl cut at my inlaws store on the first one, worked well. I've had domed numbers on the last two. As for longevity, well I think we know I'm not the best person to answer that question. Never had any edge peeling though.
Derrick since the panels are not flat do they stick alright ?

I was looking at your pics ,I didn't see them .

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought they stuck just fine. Just remember it's a fine line between pushing hard enough, and too hard! Haha ya don't want to put a dent in your panel! Just make sure it is fairly warm out, and that you aren't going boating in an hour. Give them time to setup properly. 

I think you can see them on my old boat, and maybe if you zoom in on my shot below. I guess I'll have to take one this season, I thought I had.

Haha, nevermind, just looked at the pics, the first one had the full chrome numbers, and the pic lost a lot of detail when I uploaded it, and I just remembered that I had an issue getting my numbers last year. They had no stock of the vinyl color I was going to use as the outline, plus the fella called and said they were discontinuing that color because they had had issues of the color separating or lifting or something like that. I believe it was the white metal flake. So I didn't get them till late in the year. Sorry!

Back