Boater Safety course and Contraband days fireworks

CrazyCajun

Reaction score
Took my 14 year old to a boater safety class put on by Wildlife and Fisheries I am not required to have it (born after jan1-84 req) but I am glad I went learned a lot of stuff I didn't know, not to mention won a K-2 cooler and he won a MULTI tool and free lunch. After wards took the Benny out to lake that I brought with us,and wifey and other two lil ones and some friends and their lil ones came meet us. Went ate at restaurant on bayou, then went to Contraband Days. It's a festival were pirates take over city for two weeks and in typical Cajun fashion lots of food, music, and lots of fun. Docked on seawall listened to Wayne Toups (popular Cajun band) and kids rode bunch of rides. Them we went on Benny and went on lake and watched fireworks. They shoot them off a barge on lake. I've always wanted to go watch them from water and it was well worth leaving house at 6 am and getting back home and cleaning the Benny and not gettin finish til lil after 2 am. Gotta love the pontoon lifestyle!!!!

Sounds like a great time full of memories that will last a lifetime.

Sounds like a perfect day!

Back