Bottom panel

lee apgar

Reaction score
 Recently took delivery of a 2017 24ssbxp. Love the boat. Was swimming around the boat and noticed a small panel on the bottom near back of boat peeled back.  Anyone run into this?  My dealer is all over it but I am wondering if others have experienced this. 

IMG_4646.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably forgot the fasteners on the leading edge. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes! Perhaps your top speed is such that it has the ability to peel back the aluminum sheathing. 

Could be the dealer uses a fork lift to move boats around their yard and bent it back.

This is the first I've seen of it.

Either a forklift or not enough fasteners and the water peeled it back. Glad to hear your dealer is on it!

my neighbor had that happen on his premier 29 footer.It was an 8 ft section that peeled 5 ft.It turned out they didn't lap it correctly. Meaning the first piece from the bow was under the second piece rather than over the second piece,so water got under it and eventually pulled the rivets out. Just make sure they correct it if that's the case.

sounds like it is a smaller panel that they use for access to attach the tow bar.  the one on the other side looks like it could have the same issue of not being correctly lapped (per natscreek).  The dealer is looking at the other one as well to make sure it does not become a problem.  

Had the same thing happen last year to our ssrx.  Dealer made a new panel and also fixed a broken weld on a M bracket on the opposite side.  

I bought my 22SLX April of 2016 and had a piece...which covers the plywood joints to keep water from penetrating the crack, come detached on one side and was dragging the water. It has now happened twice....and dealer put additional screws in to attach them.

I bought my 22SLX April of 2016 and had a piece...which covers the plywood joints to keep water from penetrating the crack, come detached on one side and was dragging the water. It has now happened twice....and dealer put additional screws in to attach them.

Seems awfully strange. Do you boat on big water where rough seas are likely to batter your underside?

Back