Bow Gate

Cocky Cruiser

Reaction score
Well our first mistake as a new boat owner. We had bad weather at Lake Hartwell yesterday, really choppy water, My son was driving the boat and we were trying to beat the storm. Running way to fast for conditions, right directly into waves, well took on nice size wave and and pretty much mangled the sheet metal in bow gate. Tried to straighten and put back in. No luck. Question, Can I purchase the sheet metal piece with Bennington on it separately and slide back in gate or do I have to get the whole gate? And does anyone know what kind of cost and do I just also contact a Bennington dealer to order

Thanks in advance.

Most likely you will have to have your dealer order a gate .I have no idea what the cost may be . Insurance Claim  ?

2nd mistake! Letting the son drive. Just my thoughts!
It costs a lot to turn a boy into a man. Been there, done that, wrote the checks. Never stop teaching. Good for you for letting him learn.

Take the panel out and leave it out, better view  :D  Ive actually been thinking about taking the panel out of my aft gate. 

Wow you must have had a really big wave to cause that damage. Storms blow up quick on the lake and can be very scary. I am teaching my 12 year old grandson how to drive and handle suprice things like that. It takes a while and little bad experience to learn I guess. We were over in the very crowded main part of the lake on Memorial day weekend and hit a few big waves from cabin cruisers that covered the deck all the way back to the helm. I left the area quickly for calmer water. I saw a bow gate a few weeks ago that had the metal replaced with plexi and a Bennington logo blasted into the center. Looked cool. It would look really cool with LED side lighting on the blasted logo. Good luck with the repair.

How old is the boy? Was he following directions? If the answer to the first part is > 16 and the answer to the last question is no, time for him to mow some lawns.

Either way I am sure he felt like crap for damaging the boat.

Had a Great weekend at Lake Cumberland, Lot of boats.Thunder Run weekend. Except for my 2014 2375RCW took a huge hit from a cruiser that decider to start plowing just before we started to pass by him. I thought my boat was going to sink. the woman were screaming, Water was running through the boat. We took on a lot of water and blew open the bow gate and bent both front sections of the port and starboard panels Has anyone replaced one of these panel ?  I'm about sick over this. Been boating on this lake for over 25 years and this is unbelievable.  

Once I lean how to post photos I'll put them in the forum. 

It costs a lot to turn a boy into a man. Been there, done that, wrote the checks. Never stop teaching. Good for you for letting him learn.
^^^^^^ No truer words have even been spoken. And my investment was worth it. He's become a fine young man and one for which I am very proud!

Trevs%20card_zpsgbtibwqg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a Great weekend at Lake Cumberland, Lot of boats.Thunder Run weekend. Except for my 2014 2375RCW took a huge hit from a cruiser that decider to start plowing just before we started to pass by him. I thought my boat was going to sink. the woman were screaming, Water was running through the boat. We took on a lot of water and blew open the bow gate and bent both front sections of the port and starboard panels Has anyone replaced one of these panel ?  I'm about sick over this. Been boating on this lake for over 25 years and this is unbelievable.  

Once I lean how to post photos I'll put them in the forum.
You can't just replace the panels. The fence comes as a unit.

Thanks for all the replies , he is sick about it , But learned a good lesson. We will be calling the local Bennington dealer to check on price tomorrow. I hope not too expensive.

So the panel and the fence come as a unit. Make sense i guess! Oh boy that's going to be a big dollar ticket. Lesson learned. I toured Bennington before I ordered my pontoon back in 2014. I saw them assemble a few pontoons. but I forgot how the fence and panels were assembled.   Thanks Commodore   

Ordered the gate from dealer today, 196.00 for gate, tax and shipping came to 258.00. They called me back alittle later to inform me that it will be another 32.00 for the Bennington logo if I want it. It comes without it from factory.

If you did not damage the logo ,Gorilla Glue is a fine adhesive for under $32.00 

Back