Bow Seat for an S

kaydano

Reaction score
Anyone got any good ideas for making better use of the space by the aft gate on the S? Bennington doesn't make a bow seat for the S (I wish they did). Just hoping someone has seen something to help close it in to make more seating out of it. I really like how the optional bow seats look on the upper class boats.

Someone here took an old coleman cooler, painted it black, and put a Bennington logo on it. That was awesome! Might consider doing something like that, but would like to make extra seating out of it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could make your own cooler and then have a seet cushion made to match your existing interior. If you made your on cooler you could make better use of the space compaired to buying on that fit in the space. Or just buy the closest fit cooler. Yetti makes a great cooler

Team BM. It seems like the S crowd would like a bow seat option.

It couldn't be hard to construct. Just do it.

You'd be surprised what you can order and what you can't.

My source at the marina told me that the rule of thumb is this: If what you want only requires pulling parts out of a different bin than they usually do, you can almost always order it special. If it requires re-engineering of the frame, wiring harness, whatever... fuhgetaboutit.

The bow seats on the upper class boats are narrower because the front couches wrap around the front more. On the S, the couches are cut flush with the front of the couch, so the gate space is pretty wide. If I had to guess, I'd say (just looking at photos) it would take 1.5 standard Bennington bow seats to fill the space on the S. So, I don't think a bow seat from any of the upper class boats would fit.

That said, I'd love to be proved wrong and find out there's a bow seat for an upper class boat that would fit the S. That'd be perfect.

I looked at the Yetti coolers, per Geewest's recommendation. They are pricey, but they make a tan colored one, with contours that would complement the rotomolded seat bases on the S, and might look right at home. Before I spend $400 on a cooler, would like to see it in person first.

Actually, even then I doubt I'd spend $400 on a cooler...

Dano,

I considered a bow seat for my S, from a G series model. I took one from the showroom and put in in place. There was about 2 1/2 inches of gap on both sides, it wasn't a big deal, and when I considered the cost, I passed. I prefer the bow access via gate better anyway.

Will

I'm thinking a cooler option, with a reinforced lid and pad, covered in a vinyl that matches might be the way to go.

I'm open to ideas.

I have a yetti cooler and i cant say enough good about it. The lid is so strong no problem with 300 lbs standing on it. They hold ice like no other cooler. If you could find one to fit in the space and mount a the cushion from R to the lid of the cooler you would have a VERY functional bow seat/cooler

I got a bow seat when we ordered our q and i think I will take my own advice and make a bow seat cooler

Last edited:
Yeah, not sure who's stupider - The cooler manufacturers for making such cheap coolers that the lids dent in when someone sits on it... Or the idiot that sits on it...

If I go with a cheaper cooler, there will definitely be some 1/2 inch plywood between the lid and the cushion.

That would be cool to get just the cushion from an R bow seat... Very interesting idea. If you do this, let me know if your dealer can get you one and what they cost.

I had a different idea for our 20 Sli. We custom ordered the optional reclining seat with arm rest for the helm and put a 2nd one as a bow seat on the left side. Then we added a live well in the corner and use it as a cooler. Also makes a great ottoman to put your feet up. email me at jlfinn@charter.net and I will forward you photo's It is a heck of a lot more comfortable that a small corner bow couch. I think there would be enough room for two nice soft chairs if you do not put a live well in the corner. If you have a 22 or larger than you will have enough room. When we have guest on board,every one wants that chair.

Admiral, Our family bought a 2008 2275 (don't remember the rest right now) bennington and it did not come with any bow seating on the port side. Just empty space for whatever reason. Would my local bennington dealer be the best place to purchase a couple of reclining seats or is there a better/cheaper place to order them? thanks

P.S. Anyone with info on this can definitely chime in

My 24SSLX has room for at least 4 people on the right front seat and 3 people on the front left seat. That's enough weight to put on the front end, and one more seat's not needed.

Put enough weight in the front, and the engine will lift higher in the water. And I expect that might bring ventilation into the equation.

On my old twin toon boat, I had problems running nose heavy with people. I'd have to ask them to move to the rear if they expected to go anywhere.

Back